Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A change to Lovely Face
Alright, so I propose the following...

Intro:
As we all know, Lovely Face is a skill that requires 10 Will 15 Guile, and a racial check to pass, alongside a 20% infliction bonus if you are wearing an unarmored torso. If the check passes, the target is inflicted with charmed, who's LV is equal to your scaled will.

I've posted a question regarding this on Discord, or specifically, changing the scaling so it scales off Guile, instead of will. Dev came here, and responded that it scales off Will due to force of personality. Now, here is my proposition.

Proposition:
Change the LV scaling to be of either Will or Guile, whichever is higher.

Reasoning:
The way it is now, the skill is by FAR more useful to a wise wizard, than it would be to a sly rogue. Now, evidently, what Dev said makes sense, seeing as one could use purely a force of charisma to drive the skill. However, nobody can deny that there are other ways to do the same, that do not rely on pure charm and people skills, which is why Guile is proposed.
Again, this would be reinforced by the fact that someone would play to their strengths, and if they have of one thing, than they do of the other, the natural thing to do, of course, would be to play to your strengths - as I've said.
As it is now, the skill is only worth casting if you have high Will, which a lot of builds, one could consider dastardly and sly - in possession of such a set of skills - do not have.
Likewise, it is evident to the casual watcher than one even requires 50% more points invested in Guile, than it does in the stat is scales from, to even have the ability to unlock the skill - granted you pass the racial check.
I kind of like the reasoning and, yes, surprisingly, I'm down to have that condition attributed to Lovely Face.

WIL makes it way too limited. GUI only gives like, more critical damage by the end of things, while WIL grants the precious FP, and not only that but also helps the success of the skill, since it grants Status Infliction too.

If anything, could be either GUI or SKI if they are higher than your WIL.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]