Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meditate the Fear away [v.2.02]
During an spar against a Monk I noticed that they were getting the full benefit of healing from Meditate even if they were feared while applying it. Specifically I used Hauntings Effect to inflict fear on someone with Claret Call and they used meditate while being feared and ended up healing for as much HP as if they didn't have fear at all.
Was the fear applied after meditate was used?
Since I was faster then my opponent I couldn't apply fear after it was used, they had the fear effect before they used the skill.
Are you sure the fear didn't expire before they used it?
I am sure, I just did a test now against the same opponent to see if it was the case. He first used meditate without any fear being applied and healed for 128 HP. Then we tried again but this time he let me inflict him with Haunting's Fear effect (which lasts 2 rounds) and used Meditate while in the first round of the effect. On the next turn when Meditate's heal procced they were still feared and they healed for the exact same amount.

And after another test when a different, faster, person used meditate and I used Haunting to inflict fear after they used it, they still healed for the full amount. Fear isn't doing anything to affect Meditate's healing.