Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moves too good. [Snake Dancer tweak]
Snake Dancer applies to basic attacks made from the front, this can get increasingly frustrating for basic attack users to deal with when in combined in unison with Danger Sense, as it doesn't only give the Cobra User nigh autohit immortality so long as they maintain distance, but it also gives them a chance to completely negate the damage of a basic attack as well, it almost feels like cheating in a sense because you're forcing the basic attack user to make two hit checks to attempt hitting you.

With dodge being as high as it is right now, you can see reasonable hit chances like 80-90% outright failing depending on if you weight your accuracy more on the weapon or your stats, if its on the weapon itself you can see your accuracy dropping by a full 40 points (going from 130% to 90%) when specifically making a check vs Snake Dancer.

Not to mention when using on-hits, Snake Dancer could dodge the on-hit effect itself even if you do land the hit, shunting them out of your attack range if they dodge off to a diagonal to even further deny ANY follow up. (Which is most likely scenario.)

For many of these reasons I don't think Snake Dancer should dodge hit checks and perhaps even associated on-hits. That'd help basic attack users keep up even nowadays.
I think we've nerfed DH enough.
Neus post_id=36389 time=1556754617 user_id=2 Wrote:I think we've nerfed DH enough.

I don't quite think so, its among (if not the) the best classes in the game currently, and Cobra further accentuates that to the nth degree, there's absolutely no reason why Snake Dancer should be dodging a basic attack after its hit check has already been made, do you not agree?
I think Snake Dancer should just not work on basic attacks, otherwise situations such as making someone roll a hit check twice and 'dodging' the attack from the front (as in, the attack hits but it does no damage due to Snake Dancer activating) happen. Not to mention that sometimes the Snake Dancer will proc it on Sidecut, get 'hit' and activate the dodge then move back, only to get caught in Sidecut again. This has lead to scenarios such as people getting stuck on the same tile which is admittedly pretty funny when it happens, but still.

Or Cobra Stance users proccing Snake Dancer on a Sidecut with on hits, getting hurt by the basic attack but activating the dodge on the on-hit effect and moving back into the Sidecut line... only to get hit again.

EDIT: This is what I mean by dodging into Sidecut.
[Image: unknown.png]

Long story short, poor Pinny got hit repeatedly by the same Sidecut because Snake Dancer activated with the on-hits. This also sometimes happens because it activates on the basic attack itself.

I think that if anything, this would help DH more than gut it.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
That was one situation I wanted to bring up as well but didn't really know how to explain, how I think it happens is:

-Target gets 'hit' by hit check, doesn't cobra dodge second hit check.
-Target dodges on hit backwards into sidecut range again.

Repeat until out of snake dancer charges.