Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synthetic Skin
I don't know why this wasn't a trait that was included in the rework to begin with, but:

Synthetic Skin - Requires: Any Mechanation type : You qualify as being a race that has skin for the purposes of traits that require having skin, such as Tattoos and Lovely Face.

We have Synthetic Hair, and considering Mechanations having synthetic skin is practically cemented in the lore already, this seems like a given for a trait. It could have other effects beyond simply being a qualifier, but I believe that's the most important aspect to add so Mechs aren't outed as the most obvious race in the game because they don't immediately pop up with Tattoos on round start. More seriously, it seems like an odd restriction to place on Mechanations when they can clearly have skin.
I believe I suggested something very similar in my trait suggestions thread, for the sake of not pumping my own thread into this one I'll just copy paste what I had listed in it, as it had a little bit of a different take on it in order to give it a sense of identity while still allowing basically the same thing:

Spoops post_id=35349 time=1549965738 user_id=193 Wrote:Synthetic Skin - Requires Mechanation type Race

You are outfitted with a special type of skin that can be a little bit less conductive but just a little bit more susceptable to flamability or cold, Gain 10% Lightning resistance but lose 5% Fire and Ice resistance, this also causes you to count as a race with skin for the purposes of skills/traits.

But yes, I support any way shape or form this somehow makes it in, the currently only strong part about playing a mechanation is agile accel really.