Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fenri
Given DMC 5's release and the Fenri being based on the Cerberus from DMC 3... Could we see some kind of update to the weapon geared more toward the King Cerberus?

A potential skill that lets you cycle through weapon types, or gives it an alternate type that then changes the skill the weapon gives?

As-is, freezing round is pretty awful, so could probably get a once-over itself.

As for the alternate type - it could receive the fire staff makeover or the half-staff lightning look. Either way would be cool, and could give the fist a staff typing as well. Just a few ideas to toss out.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
Perhaps you could turn freezing round into a skill that, while also inflicting damage, also changes the type of "element" the weapon will use.

Say, you use freezing round, the weapon turns into an electric elemental weapon, use a new variant for the "electric" fenri (say, "electric round&quotWink, and have the weapon turn into a fire-elemental weapon, and vice versa.

Perhaps it could even switch weapon types, too? From fist to spear for example? Or maybe just change sub-categories, though that doesn't really count for much when someone uses a fist weapon...
My only concern is I think Fenrirs (in SL2 at least) are pretty distinctly ice themed based on everything we've seen about them. (Fenrirbus is Ice based. Fenrir spell from LB is Ice based. This weapon is Ice based.) So it's a little weird to suddenly add Fire and Lightning, even considering the reference.

I'm not against the idea entirely but this might be something to consider for a new weapon, say an alchemy recipe for a Chimera Nunchuck that uses Fenri as one of the component and in a way serves as a "+" version.

As for Fenri itself? I think it's mostly fine aside from it's unique Skill which could use a tune up since I believe it still operates on pre-GR numbers. (Bumping it's total damage to 100% SWA + 100% Ice ATK and making it function like Thousand Stab does now (where things like Armor applies once) would be nice, maybe with a chance to inflict low-level Freeze on the skill itself since it is called Freezing Round.)
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
I am 100% behind Sly.
Suddenly changing Fenri, which people like me also use mainly for the Ice theme, to suddenly change elements would be weird. I rather see an advanced weapon that uses Fenri as component.
I generally owuld love to see players being able to create weapons that are better or atleast on par with what you find in dungeons.

Freezing round could need a little tweak, its really weak currently.
I'd be down for bumping up Frezing Round to 100% SWA and Ice ATK, it'd be pretty strong then since its AoE and multi hit, I do agree with Sly in that its theming around ice should not be changed and should only be further enhanced by an upgrade of some sort.

Otherwise I think Fenri is a very strong fist weapon that just supports itself through sheer scaling and on hit effects.
Hey, I like Sly's idea a whole lot actually. Combining the weapon into a new thing entirely? I'm down. Freezing Round being actually worth using? Double down. Hell yeah.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]