Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enjoyable Experience [RP-Based Experience Changes?]
Currently, the main form of experience for leveling up comes from dungeons and other sorts of combat related things. There are other means of experience, of course, but in comparison they're not nearly as valuable. Some people prefer being able to RP, instead of spending their time grinding - and while we can't really have a button that sets us to level 60 and skips the grind entirely, I do think we should have more powerful ways to earn experience via RP instead. (so people can get out there and RP without worrying about the grind too much)

At current, you CAN get experience from RP, but it's not exactly all that significant. There are ways this can be changed:

The experience from RP being more frequent. This means that people will be able to gain experience more often from interacting with other people and will also mean RPing will contribute more to bringing a character to a higher level. It will encourage RP for those who aren't quite full level and want to feel competent.

Experience from RP being a larger amount. No, I'm not suggesting all of these at once. They're just possible solutions. But, of course, another option is to make the experience you get from RP a more significant number. I couldn't exactly give a reasonable estimate - I'm not exactly the best at balance, but I'm sure someone can.

Experience from RP scaling with the amount of people in the area. More people will be encouraged to join one another in RP at an underleveled stage if RP based experience took into account the people around you. It would become rewarding to interact with more people at once, and perhaps encourage more people to meet with one another - possibly creating new bonds.

-------------------------------------

Of course, I'm not trying to make dungeon grinding useless. Whatever comes of RP experience, if we ever get more out of it, should be a good supplement to make RPing worth more, but in the end killing mobs should be better. I just think that an "RP mandatory" game, as it is advertised, should reward people for roleplaying more - instead of just the people who spend time in dungeons only.

Let me know what you guys think of this suggestion.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
I think the big problem with it is it doesnt seem to scale well with level. I've had low level characters get multiple levels from RP EXP where as at higher levels you often don't get enough to even get one. I dunno about getting more experience from more people being in the same area though. It seems too prone to abuse. Just take into account the amount of OOC people often at the arena. You'd be getting bonus exp there for people who aren't even RPing and often afk.
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
There's characters who -can't- or -wouldn't- RP in crowded places.

And then there's people like me who genuinely dislike RPing in crowded places. I felt my heart beating out of my chest when I had to cast in-front of the entire server.

That said, I do agree with RP giving more rewards, though.
How about a vote system? Once per reboot, each IP can cast a vote for another character to receive a boost to their next RP EXP? EDIT: To clarify, not a vote as in a chance; more like a buff that would proc on RP EXP and then would not be able to be applied until next reboot.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
Sawrock post_id=36677 time=1558785475 user_id=73 Wrote:How about a vote system? Once per reboot, each IP can cast a vote for another character to receive a boost to their next RP EXP? EDIT: To clarify, not a vote as in a chance; more like a buff that would proc on RP EXP and then would not be able to be applied until next reboot.

that'd get abused to no hell and you know it
Yeah, people would likely just vote for their friends - rather than good RP, and in the end with reboots every ~12 hours it would still seem a little underwhelming.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
Fair enough, I can easily see that being true so I retract my suggestion.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]