Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[QUERY] Guardian Spirit and Affinity
So I came across this when I was thinking to myself. One of my characters picked up the Guardian Spirit trait, and I got an Apus because of my Starsign. I was curious, so I swapped off Tactician for Summoner and leveled it enough to get The Contract and Sync-Mind, as well as Affinity: Avian.

What I discovered after re-equipping a different class over Summoner was that, if you’re a non-Summoner with these skills invested in as a Summoner, Affinity-type inmates apply to your Guardian Spirit Youkai, if you use it for the right innate. Sync-Mind doesn’t work, and neither does Installing, if you aren’t a Summoner with a Guardian Spirit.

Method: exactly as described.

While I’d advocate for this to be removed, I genuinely do think this may be good as an unintentional feature. This is relatively minor (instead of say, getting the passive Sync-Mind benefits of Fortune Feather while being a non-Summoner), since Youkai are extremely weak without their respective Affinity-type innate and Sync-Mind abilities and passives.

A Guardian Spirit is essentially a useless trait except for fluff, and the Affinity-type inmate is what lets me at least use one with some decency. Can this please stay, if it isn’t too terribly disruptive?
[Image: unknown.png]
I don't have a problem with it really.