Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High level Black Doors are way too long.
Just like this title.

Can we adjust black door size so we don't have those that that take upwards of a hour of clearing monsters to complete, because each room has 7+ monster groups and there are way too many floors? It just becomes mind numbing at that point, unless you grab a half-cleared BPD.
One way to work around it, is just decrease the maximum amount of monsters that can spawn in a floor. Say, from 5, to around... 3? It can be jarring how some floors have just 1 monster to kill, and the next couple of floors 5 monsters.

That way, we can keep the higher levels (and thus, better chance for better loot, or at least 10 star loot) thanks to more floors, while still decreasing the time needed to clear each floor.
My preferred fix would be halving the increase of floors, not monster groups. Its rather similar, but it decreases all the walking around to get to the bottom floor and feels more natural than floors composed of 3 monster groups maximum.

That being said, either change would be fine.
Tell me, are you all doing these black doors on your own? With multiple people in the same dungeon I've full cleared dungeons in like less than an hour with 7-5 mobs per floor and 10 floors. Just because it's a slog solo doesn't mean that that isn't kinda the intent of the dungeons really, they aren't supposed to be short experiences. They're meant to be long, challenging, and fun. (Granted to some people they aren't any of those things but thats a different thread)
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
I have to agree with Raigen here. The higher tier dungeons are meant to be done with multiple people but also multiple parties. When you have more than one party going through the dungeon it is cleared in no time at all.
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
Im going to have to agree with Noxid and Raigen. Yes soloing them will take time but thats expected, higher level black doors are supposed to be done with more than one person. This is not to say they have to be in the same party. Even several solo people can clear one in less than an hour. Yes grinding high level doors is a pain in the ass (we all know this). Decreasing the amount of mobs on the floor? Thats just making it too easy in my eyes, if anything 7 mobs on a floor is pretty reasonable for high level.
[Image: Empress_of_Light.gif]
Use LFG next time you're grinding. It's no excuse to complain about solo clearing BDPs, as they are completely fine as they are.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
It might be because I play characters whom have an easy time in B.D.P.s, but I prefer soloing high level B.D.P.s and splitting teams up in order to full-clear faster.

I only group if I'm at the core or I'm too low-levelled to clear alone.
Or if it's an ice floor but I avoid those.

And yes, I mean 60+ B.D.P.s.

As OP said, it's much easier to take half-cleared B.D.P.s lol.