Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my Dumbass idea's thread.
Solider skills no longer are locked to a particular weapon
Curates Holy Arrow and that water skill i can never remember the name of benefit from excel crash
Summoners get "the contract" innate
Give Duelists an axe skill or three.
.1 Power Break basic attack dmg deals 1+rank durability damage 3M
.2 Engrave Deal basic attack damage three times in a row range is exactly three spaces away 6M
.3 Clash deal basic attack next basic attack you are dealt triggers voltiger twice 3M (balance pending)
give Excel Crash a better way to charge charges or retain them when you attack? (difficult to balance?)
Buff the kick skill. maybe as MA/monk/verglas/whatever passives. t's a fun skill and needs some love.

Soliders

In addition to unlocking their weapon requirements (yes im aware of DH )

Thousand Stab
1. If spear works as is deals a bit of extra damage
2. if axe deals more damage over less attacks
3. if sword hits the target directly behind the target (hey just like DMC)

Roundtrip
1. f Axe 5 range hits 3 squares hits all targets once for normal basic attack scaling
2. if sword works as it currently does
3. if spearpulls targets into the path but doesint hit them will hit them on the way back.

Similar effects to other solider skills
Kiranis post_id=37081 time=1562376205 user_id=813 Wrote:Thousand Stab
1. If spear works as is deals a bit of extra damage
2. if axe deals more damage over less attacks
3. if sword hits the target directly behind the target (hey just like DMC)

Roundtrip
1. f Axe 5 range hits 3 squares hits all targets once for normal basic attack scaling
2. if sword works as it currently does
3. if spearpulls targets into the path but doesint hit them will hit them on the way back.

I personally think that Thousand stab is fine as it is. I mean its Max Rank scaling is 70% Scaled Weapon Attack, 100% STR so it's damage output seems pretty reasonable but im not entirely against a change to it.

Roundtrip can have it's range increased by charge and Charging Strike(?) if im not mistaken and it literally pulls the thing you use it on closer by a a number of tiles. I personally, like the Thousand stab, think its fine as it is.

I do agree that Duelist could use one or two Axe skills though, it could potentially give flavour to those going into ghost.
[Image: Empress_of_Light.gif]
My only real concern with these changes would be with Soldier, since Varon/Xyston/Argus all exist, and with the Elemental Impact properties, some of these changes would be extremely destructive.

Personally, I think the Soldier skills being locked to particular weapons makes your decision of what weapon you want to use very worthwhile, and is a motivation to end up picking Reaver stance for Demon Hunter at all.

Though, I'm on board for Excel Crash interactions with Holy Arrow and Kel (Kel especially, since it's a very underused skill), and general Axe support at all gives me a good impression. I'd like to see some love to some of the base classes that haven't gotten anything yet, as opposed to Duelists.
[Image: unknown.png]
Good to know my stupid changes are getting semi positive reception for once

I should note that these are BUFFS intentionally in response to giving all monsters armor solider particularly has almost no options to deal with monsters earlier game beyond soaking damage
@Aqua TS
the idea behind thousand stab would be to give people a reason to use it over the other two Axe would be better aginst light armored targets spear against heavy armored.

@GSM TS in my head elemental impact would be exactly the same as it is currently so dispite the area changes on some of these it would still just give you a line, of tiles. the only other issue i see happening is maybe earth enchant with spear? which ive never experimented with. Xyston and other suck weapons were something i considered i really do think soliders need the buff

@Aqua Roundtrip

How it currently works yeah. this would change that axe gets a single hit in an area maybe not really worth it though

sword is as the skill works currently.

Spear get's a pull for setting up things like a shinken

I think i fucked up explaining this but yeah in general these skilsl dont NEED changing but with the recent changes i think solider needs buffing.

@GSM Weapon Locking. I see it as punishing people to stay in one particular build type where one is clearly superior to the others. especally weird when every other basic class s so open. it seems unessicary

I'm glad you like my duelist skilsl aqua (though i think they could use some work)

and you GSM lke the idea to add excel crash to kel and holy arrow. thanks for the feedback i need to think on this more maybe.
For the sake of not making one of Demon Hunter's points of appeal worthless, weapon locking or not to you, I can't agree with the expansion of these skills to the weapon types they were not made exclusive to. If you want to use them all with a certain weapon, use Demon Hunter. There are plenty of other skills in other classes that limit to a certain weapon type.

If one build is clearly superior to the others, it should be tackled through balancing in another way. Not by ruining the whole point of one of the passives of Reaver Stance. Each of the types get skills that are pretty useful in their own right anyway. The weapons themselves might be where the issue is.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
this isint about another class being the stongest and bestist it's about solider being a joke.

if reaver stand needs one particular skill to be even worth considering maybe reaver needs a rework. not that solider should be nerfed.
Soldier isn't a joke, though. Don't know where you got that from. It gives you health, movement opportunities, and at least two attacks whether you pick sword, spear, or axe. Not every weapon needs to have every move. It's not being nerfed either. It just doesn't need this.

As for Reaver in Demon Hunter. It relies on a combination of the passives it has, as it should do. That's how it works. Reaver consists of 7 skills, and one of those is just to trigger it. All of them are useful in ways. It likely doesn't need any kind of rework because someone wants the soldier skills to work for all martial weapons.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
I agree with WaifuApple- Soldier is excellent where it's at due to their listed reasons.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
Do that, and nobody will need to use Reaver anymore. So not really.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]