Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cry me a river (sword)
Neus post_id=37321 time=1564887041 user_id=2 Wrote:It could only apply for one instance of Water damage, perhaps.

That sounds good, it would still be beneficial for team comps, and weakness momentum boosts that way.
"K Peculier" post_id=37290 time=1564760777 user_id=429 Wrote:I was actually looking for an old thread possibly made by Trexmaster or Xoveron (Pls claim credit) but could unfortunately not find it in this subforum where they had better insight and number results that I remember but was for some reason ignored by the majority.

This is what you''re referring to. My opinion on this matter hasn't changed much since 2017.
The only issue I have with having it be for only one attack is it prevents the usage of 3 hit spell combos by utilizing weakness procs, which is arguably the most fun part of the weapon itself.

I wish there was a balanced way of incorporating this without having it be that + massive damage amplification at the same time.
Or, you could make it stack up to two times. So you'd require to land two hits before a water triple-casting combo is used.

I certainly envision this as a better solution.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I made something awful with this, if anyone's interested:
Appertaurus, priest LB running a mutated river sword - Counts as an axe - and used that to shoot gentle torrents and that LB water spell.

There's also a great fucking combo of river sword + Atlaua's Abaniko, which is LETHAL. All of that damage is phys water, stacking with clarets and elem weakness for shits n giggles. A Ghost VA running that setup will hydrate you greatly, mandating the intake of salt.
[Video: https://youtu.be/dUTH39_YaFk]
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/4.../Goose.png

[Image: unknown.png]

DEV: Don't use such large images in your signature.

[Image: ff1cbab38842243c0634bf0ebaf4264f.jpg]
The most recent patch kind of erased an entire build archetype, water combo mages just won't even be able to exist anymore, its impossible for them to perform the full combo now.

River Sword is hardly a DPS gain now as well, and almost has no synergy with water atm outside of Ghost using it to cast with, and idk if I want that to be the only build that is able to viably use it.

I think if we were to set River Sword at a -30% Water resistance debuff for a 3 or 4 round duration again it'd be fine, but having the status consumed on water damage feels awful for the builds it supported before, to the point where it probably will end up just becoming a dead weapon as a result.

There's a lot more counterplay to -30% water resistance as opposed to -40% water resistance as well, in essence a -30% water resistance debuff is the same as Hunted, Absolute death etc.

Or if you want it to still consume the debuff, it needs to be a way bigger water weakness, 40% damage up is not a good trade off, even a 50% damage buff breaks even in momentum efficiency, given the weapon is a melee weapon its exceedingly hard to just be able to hit and proc later when it matters.
It isn't essentially the same thing as Hunted/etc; those don't trigger weak momentum bonus nor do they protect you from hitting a resist.