Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terra Strike
Terra Strike is one of the most powerful tools of Monk, for good reasons. But also it's the most oppressive tool Monk has currently thanks to how it's done. The skill can be spammed with very to little drawback even upclose while wasting very little Ki in return, keeping their maximum damage.

The plan here is keeping it equal to Dragon Gale, which is barely used and taken as 'balanced'. Here are the changes:

130% Scaled Weapon Attack > 120% Scaled Weapon Attack

Maximum Range 10 > Maximum Range 6

Those are only suggestions that would make it equal to DG, while nerfing the skill a bit that requires it currently. As it's very easy to deal almost 200 damage with one cast, plus the fact of having very little counters if you don't build Magic DR/Earth Resistance.

Do you have any other suggestions? Leave a comment below!
supporting this, let's do it.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Play a lot of monk, definitely a over-tuned skill. For very little investment you can do some huge damage (My build for the purpose averages 322 damage to a prinny with it without any buffs)

Setting Sun is also surprisingly strong, though I doubt anyone will agree there.
EenKogNeeto post_id=37525 time=1567264609 user_id=2034 Wrote:Play a lot of monk, definitely a over-tuned skill. For very little investment you can do some huge damage (My build for the purpose averages 322 damage to a prinny with it without any buffs)

Setting Sun is also surprisingly strong, though I doubt anyone will agree there.

Setting Sun is strong, but not strong enough that I believe it would be deserving of a nerf. It costs 15 Ki for maximum range, plus on top of being 6M if you wish to activate it early. Can be avoided fairly easy unless the caster has some sort of movement displacement to place them back there, also the fact you can't activate it in the same turn you casted it. Doesn't help that Fire is also a very commonly resisted element compared to Terra Strike's Earth.

It can be done to deal some funky settings such as Grandupper into Setting Sun when they come back, though that'd require you being faster to make it work better.
The true problem with Terra Strike is the fact you can effectively make a strong skill scale from Earth, which is DEF's Elemental ATK.

It's currently 100% Earth ATK bonus damage, but I believe that should be lowered to 50% Earth ATK, and the damage type changed from Magic Damage to Physical Damage. Given the nature of Physical Damage, the numbers will be toned down fairly.

This way, people who build as a mega-tank and little SWA damage won't really be scoring as huge numbers as it is now. This could be done additionally to the lowered range and lowered Scaling of 120%. Or just individually.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I've changed it to +1 Range per 5 Ki instead of 3.