Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the topic of Gunblades
How come it took over 3 years for anyone to suggest them is beyond me, so here goes nothing. This is based on a certain Mutation you can do to Braver, and turn the Sword into a Gun type and use a 'melee gun'. It was fun, but it's way too impractical.

A simple disclaimer is that this is a mere suggestion, if this is something Dev wants to add or not, I'd trust him way more than myself on balancing things out, so please, keep your water sprays down and don't eat me alive. It certainly won't be implemented like this, I bet.

Now! Could we have Gunblades as a new 9* for Swords? Whatever limited, imagination-driven design I have for them is what I listed below:

Quote:Imperial Gunblade

The newest invention, original from the Empire. A short-bladed sword smith together with a firearm. Since this weapon is both a gun and a sword together, it's a lot heavier than normal. Though the smaller encumbrance allows more precision on attacks, at the trade of some ranged power.

[Image: unknown.png]
Medium Sword (Rarity: 9*)
Range: 1
Damage Type: Slash
Power: 8
Hit: 85%
Crit: 0%
Durability: 40
Weight: 20

Item Effects:
Also Qualifies as a Gun weapon.

Weapon Scaling:
60% STR
30% SKI

Quote:Weapon Potential:

Static Overdrive
1M, 5% of your Maximum FP.
Enhances your next Basic Attack done beyond 1 range. If you have a Magic Bullet active, changes the weapon's Damage Type from Slash to the Bullet's element**. Additionally, it doubles your Shell/Bonus/High Power and increases weapon's Range by 2.

**Possible Gunblade On-Hit damage type swaps:
Blaze Shell = Fire
Celsius Shell = Ice
Bright Shell = Light
Magnet Shell = Earth
Chain Shell = Lightning
Vamp Shell = Darkness
Null Shell = Wind
Sonic Shell = Sound
Interference Shell = Acid
Lucky Shell = Pierce

Attached Files
.zip   gunblade.zip (Size: 492 bytes / Downloads: 178)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
To be fair, I can agree on this idea, but I could decide that, what about making the gun Change modes, like Grandovyn,
but turning to a Sword into a gun, something like that, instead of treating as one, as I am looking forward for this idea being released.
[Image: b69d8dc830a1a6b64ce233e92b2e79c9.png]
[Image: bc307a682fc5f9d2b0a5c0de4dc3aa90.png]
[Image: 5441207b804d39be46ea2d5f9d73eff7.png]
One issue with making it count as a gun.

you won't be able to use it with Leadstorm, Lead storm only works with Rifle, pistol, and shotguns (because dev doesn't want it to work with launchers and throwers)

If we want to have things that -count as guns- like this sword gun, and possible axe guns, rifle spears, ect would be reverse lead storm, so it only dissallows from a black list of subtypes, instead of only allowing a white list.

Otherwise the only offensive skills I can think you could use this weapon with would be wild ride, warning shot, and Mg's rarely used toys.
Lead storm is already one of the most efficient AoE tools in the entire game, I don't think we need to apply it to swords Lolzy.
What I mean is, mechanically, whats the point of a -gun blade, assuming it works like black xyston except as a compatible for gun skills if there aren't many options, and the best is unusable.
I kinda like this idea though it's gonna be a dumb ass weapon thanks to what MG does but I do like it. I'm only afraid of how broken it'll be once people realized they can use side-cut and hanging with it with a charge shot for the hit bonus.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
Not so much given other dual-weapons also have their own fair share of gimmicks. Cobalt Qyrtyrs can make use of Void Assassin's +25% Critical Damage and I've never really seen it go out of control, nor the Axe-Sword that I forgot its name, that can make use of both Talents for both swords too, on top of it.

If people are dumb enough to run a Gunblade thinking they'll be efficient, instead of dual wielding a Moonlight Mercy and a Hakouhen Katana/Tarnada I'll just plain laugh at their face.
Lolzytripd post_id=37840 time=1569893682 user_id=58 Wrote:One issue with making it count as a gun.

you won't be able to use it with Leadstorm, Lead storm only works with Rifle, pistol, and shotguns (because dev doesn't want it to work with launchers and throwers)

If we want to have things that -count as guns- like this sword gun, and possible axe guns, rifle spears, ect would be reverse lead storm, so it only dissallows from a black list of subtypes, instead of only allowing a white list.

Otherwise the only offensive skills I can think you could use this weapon with would be wild ride, warning shot, and Mg's rarely used toys.

Wouldn't that Issue be solved by simply making the weapon a Gun with rifle subtype, and make it count as a sword aswell? basically swapping the effect and main wepon type
Yeah, also works too, Shujin.

What made me hesitant on making it a Gun before a Sword is the basic-hitting skills interaction. Remember that 'guns cannot use skill basic hits' for some design reason.
on second thought probably also silly, because of anti gun moves like bullet barrier or blade barrier. You are supposed to slash with it afterall. So I guess it has to be a sword main type