Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Travelling Merchants: Why Furniture?
To cut right to the chase, I've always found it odd how the travelling merchants sell furniture of all things; it's an incredibly bulky stock that really lends itself more to a warehouse type of facility.

Furthermore, it makes it really annoying when you're trying to do some interior decoration and you have to scour the map trying to find where they've disappeared to this time.

So my proposal is that the furniture stores instead just be moved into some static shop building (I'd suggest Dormeho given that it's Siggy's centre of trade, has ready access to shipping, and could do with some more NPC buildings anyway) and the travelling merchants instead be used for something a bit more rewarding - an idea that immediately comes to mind is a rotating stock of material/ingredient items similar to the merchants in Alstalsia. This would incentivise players to check in with the merchants whenever they see them, it would make them far more rewarding to track down, and would generally just be a much more thematic fit for what they are.
I'd just want the furniture to have their own discers. That way, when I'm building my place in Law's End, I don't have to cross 4+ maps to get to them.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]