Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Fluffy Option for PvP
I had this idea for an alternative form of PvP, alongside Spar and Serious. A third option named "Mercenaries" or something like that so players can make use of their mercenaries if they have them enabled under Preferences. Figured I'd bring this up now, as the dev is reading through suggestions in preparation for an update.

This would allow people to have fluffy fights that aren't necessarily fair, but might be fun tools to facilitate roleplay. A good example may be a necromancer who wants to fill the field with the damned, or a Lord who wants to fight alongside faceless soldiers. It would clearly be an option but allow people more freedom to make fun little encounters or scenarios without putting all the weight in the hands of a GM.

I understand that you can fluff encounters like this or fetch a GM to help you and I have no issue with either of those methods, but I figured this would grant the players a cool option and it wouldn't be out of the way to implement. We do have all the code necessary for such a feature, I assume implementation would be fairly trivial and not warrant much attention in terms of balancing given that it would be inherently imbalanced.

As an extension of that, maybe customizable mercenaries of some kind? I don't care about skill sets or what have you, but even the ability to dress them would open up a world of possibilities.

I'd love to hear people's thoughts on this, as I'm very eager to capture and use bandits for a character idea of mine, and a myriad more thoughts I'd like to put into practice.
I don't mind this type of pvp mode, not only does it add to characters that rely on aid from others than themselves, I must add it probably helps GMs a ton too if they were able to recruit their customized monsters as mercenaries, I haven't much to say on their behalf aside from that however as I don't wanna speak too much about it.

Regardless I think it can open up other fun scenarios besides these, maybe one day you just wanna pit a bunch of grindylows against eachother and see who wins the artillery war
Yes. Yes. Take all my yeses. Take them!

I need this in my SL2 life.

(Not really much I can say that hasn't already been mentioned.)
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8459553]
I absolutely approve if its a separate game-mode, since PvP already displays a warning of whether it is serious/spar/stylish I don't see why not.

If possible lets have it add every players mercenaries as well.

I can finally be a spooky skeleton man with his spooky skeleton gang. (No skeleton warrior I cry, but at least other undead are fair game.)
[Image: tenor.gif]
I'm all down for this, certainly having this feature enabled not only for PvE but as a standalone mode for PvP will make the game a little more fun. It's not like people can just like, 'deny' a PvP Mercenary fight anyway. And I can bet it will be more used than Stylish is right now, lmao.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
this option should also probably include any effects that summon allies for pve, such as frostdogs or barghests.
This would be absolutely lovely.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
y
Didn't think anything I was going to read today would convince me to log in and reply, but this is a great idea. As someone who plays a Mad Dullahan in mallus and attacks camps, I literally have an entire class slot dedicated JUST to summoning two more knights to make it SOMEWHAT like a swarm of mindless dullahans.

I already only do spar intent since none of my damage types inflict mechanical injuries, and dullahans cant be mechanically injured. So having the option to toss in some extra dullahans without upping the stakes would be perfect.
Sure, why not. This seems like a bit of good fluff for down the line, especially if we'd be allowed temporary mercenaries out of GM mobs so we can team up with them.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity