Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dev Appreciation Thread
~
Thank you for your hard work, Dev.

For me, it's been about three years since I started playing. During all this it's been quite the ride. From being a complete newbie roleplayer to one that hosts giant events and makes paragraph posts on accident.

I knew of Byond since I was a kid in 2007, but didn't ever return until 2016. I only played one other game that was dying off, so I decided to give the games list a look to find something new. 'Sigrogana Legends 2' had a player count that was comfortable for me, not too big, not too small.

A roleplaying game with turn based tile combat and a wide class variety? Sounds fun, let's give it a go. It'd quickly become one of the most unique games I've played and a favorite. I've easily sunk in hundreds of hours into SL2 by now, I can't imagine how much the more time veteran players have put in to your games.

During all that time I've grown a lot as a person. I've made lifelong friends and meet new ones. I've made plenty of good memories for myself and others. I've done things I can say I'm proud of.

Sorry this is a bit longer than I thought it'd be, but I hope it grants some motivation. Once again, thank you for your hard work Dev and for putting up with your player base when they get rowdy. This game is something special for being a one man project and I hope to see it improve more.
~
[Image: TvQhtZb.gif]
Thanks a lot for putting up with us, Boss-man!

I wish from the depths of my non-existent, logical heart a lot of success for the oncoming days of SL2, and of course, your own life! I can say your passion project gave me quite the hefty amount of people I'd never dream I would be able to befriend in a lifetime. Maybe I would be a more different person, for the best or worse?

But I don't care, I so, oh so enjoy the position I am, and even more, the way you're slowly slipping into the gang too, that first step to be in the Discord was awesome too. And something I honestly never expected it would happen in a lifetime. (Despite certain apes who love pinging you for a broken nail every single goddamn time. Pls don't flee from us I'll make them behave- *shot*)

As usual, I'll keep insisting. Can't wait to have that 1v1 against your Kinu. The real deal, not stank NPCs.

Have a nice year full of opportunities, and hope it gets even better because really, you're worth it.

From your talkative, non-sensical, ignorant and (probably) comical oldbie player 'Silent Kunai'. Or as you know me for more, 'Snake'. The legend, the myth who could make sense at 1 thread, then never again.

Now, with that out of my chest.

[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Thanks for dealing with all the stuff that happened dev.

I joined this game.. 3-4 years ago?.. or 5-6 I don't remember fully myself but i appreciate all the work you've done and put into everything.

You've dealt with the good, the bad, and the kunai moments and have joked and laughed with the rest of us.

Thank you for giving a game like Sigrogana for us to meet new friends and grow in ways that might of never been possible otherwise.

I realize that I might of not had the best message here but never less, thank you dev; be sure to take it easy and enjoy life. If you ever join us all in game than I'm sure everyone will give you a truly warm welcome to boot! :^)
Ever since I joined SL2 I experienced a lot of things I would never expected to happen. I have met very precious friends throughout its history and even learned noteworthy life lessons because of this. I have always been very grateful for being allowed the opportunity to play this game and I want to keep playing it for as long as I can. I'd dare say I developed an emotional attachment to Sigrogana Legend 2 because of this.

I very much appreciate your work as well, Eric. Not just because of the entertainment it can provide but because your initiative to work on such a project let me forge connections that are incredibly special to me. I hope this game continues on for a very long time, and I'm glad August (CommonNoob) started up this thread, because I find it to be a good chance to express my own gratitude.

I think you deserve great things. I've found it admirable how determined you have been when it comes to working on the game for so many years. Whew, I have been playing since 2014, it has been a while...

Thank you for everything, sincerely. Words alone can't express how much this game's existence means to me, but I wanted to express it somehow.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
thank you dev for nerfing that smug elf who occupied a whole tile she didn't need

thank you dev for adding those plushies so i can amass my collection

thank you dev for letting me write google docs about LAWS OF SIGROGANA and junk

thank you dev for being one of the only people not obsessed with sexualizing my 100% normal guard guy you can touch his hair but pls ask first ty

and thank you for making SL2, which has brought together a community of casual RP in order to have fun.
game good
I need a little bit of positivity right now, so I may as well spread it myself while I still can.

You may not remember all the way back then, but I've been around since SL1 began. And I've been around on various other games of yours on BYOND as well. Needless to say, your RP games are what mainly shaped me as a writer. Your games allowed me to express my passions even if not everyone agreed with how I expressed them, or through who I expressed them. You've been a major stepping stone in my creative life (and my general life) since I could properly think for myself, so I definitely appreciate that.

In the past I may have been naive and nasty to you, but I've grown to really appreciate how you've grown as a game developer and as someone who is now more interactive with their community. Your work is appreciated so keep it up.

Or I will find you. Do not doubt that I won't find you.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
it is no easy thing to be ambushed by whining about this and that when you spent indubitably long time trying to craft and finetune whatever feature you felt like adding at the time
and to keep up with it for so long, too
most of all
practicaly for free

i admire your tenacity and ability to not vent frustration onto peeps like me. (except that one time...........................i will not forgive)
i admire your capability and desire to keep the community as diverse as it is, and not to cater to this or that specific part of it just based on own beliefs or interests or whatnot

keep on'na devvin'
Quote:Sorry I'm late! Slept through the WHOLE day thanks to my n--Thats not important.

Let's get down to the meat and rice. TiMe tO eXpLaiN WhY ThIs iS UNbAlA-Shots-

I'd love to make fun of myself even more but I suppose I can't just have my entire post focus on that now can I. Although I've been playing SL2 on and off for years, since it was first launched with the almost unbearable lag, the servers had back then, it wasn't until last year when I finally decided to play the game more consistent, and late last year to make a forum account to help tackle bugs and unhealthy balance problems (Now and then, make some suggestions).

I know we've given you a lot of crap over the months in these forums and comments though I don't exactly believe we're doing it because we want to bash/annoy you or anything. I just believe perhaps our opinion could assist with certain balancing, to make the game a little more enjoyable and whatnot.

I also understand you can't please everyone.

Though sometimes things come out a bit harsh or overall overreacting, I do, at the end of the day appreciate everything you've done for us thus far. It's not often a game that has a developer that's willing to listen to the community, constantly update the game at a timely rate, quick to fix bugs and still able to meme and talk with the community. One can say you might be one of the few rare gems around.

So, the conclusion! Thank you for everything you've done for us over the years! Though I can't stress it enough, we do appreciate it and please do keep it up and take care of yourself!
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
I wouldn't be playing for years if I wasn't passionate about the game, thanks for everything.