Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enhanced profile!!
Hellooo.
I'd like to request a potential expansion of the allowed code within profile beyond what we currently have, to get closer to the creative freedom we had in days of pre-GR.

Requests :
Inserting images directly into the text field! (For those cute animated sprites, weapon reference images, etcetera.) Not via hotlinking! Causes crashes.
- Potential alternative, different profile picture for each page of text!

♥ Uploading custom background images! ♥ (This would eliminate the need for former suggestion, presuming all below conditions are met. View Spo post below for more!)
- Option to Remove/Hide portrait
- Option to Remove/Hide name

More background styles and borders!

I'll try to update this specific post with suggestions below for a while so we can make a comprehensive list.
I dunno if its possible but if we can't put images in text fields but maybe if each page of your profile could have a different unique picture be uploaded to that page number

Forgive me my knowledge of this is minuscule so yeah just a thought
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=18750966]
Pictures being added can crash things, so I don't quite want to see those return. I'm more for alternate backgrounds, borders, and general range of choice. Different profile images for different pages would be pretty nice, I'd say - but if anything revolutionary gets added that changes the styles of profiles completely, I'd like it to be optional, too.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
WaifuApple post_id=37909 time=1570433938 user_id=1751 Wrote:Pictures being added can crash things, so I don't quite want to see those return /snip

[Image: GIstBFm.png]

Please clarify your concern.
He means if you were to insert an image into the text portion of the description. Those can be inserted still and will crash people nine times out of ten.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
Like a standard ?

edit : gotchu, editted first post to reflect this
First off I just wanna say you can probably just stick to uploading photos, linking from hosting sites is what causes the crashing.

Realistically I'd only request 3 things from profiles myself, which would allow for a lot of our own customization as a result, these 3 things (but mostly 2) will give us a lot of creative freedom:

-Allowing us to upload custom backgrounds.
-Allowing us to remove portraits.
-Allowing us to remove name plates.

All three of these options would allow us to do something like this:
[Image: OmA3Co8.png]

Which, to fix the text issue that might arise, you could also add your own thing in the background image itself in an editing program to help with that, like so:

[Image: G0TK6M6.png]

The background image I used here for an example is 512 x 512

Ideally I think we'd be able to choose between a portrait and character background thing obviously.
I kinda like the uniformity the current profile template provides as it generally prevents some of the illegible/eyerape tier profiles you'd find in Sbires, however different profile pics for different pages/tabs is an idea I really like and I've thought of bringing it up myself in the past - it'd make for a great premium item (I'm assuming it would be at least, considering it'll be a heavy increase on server storage otherwise) with a max of maybe 4 different images?
Ara Ara, a delightful suggestion from Sarinpa. Granted Byond is a very sad little platform... I'd love to see what sorts of unique, customized profiles people come up with, like back in the day... It was so nice to see what they'd do with it.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Don't ara ara the post, damn it
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity