Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposed Soldier Changes
There's a couple of things I've wished for Soldier so it could look a bit more flashy with Demon Hunter or Destiny. This is mainly a proposition for any future plans you might get for Soldier class, given it's where most of the Promotion Classes tend to draw from, so here you go:

Shinken: The first** projectile should spawn under the player, so it hits enemies within melee range. It was changed against before, but I think after so much stuff from Pre-GR, this small iteration could come back. (I said 'first', in case of Lightning Impact that spawns three and has the possibility to critically hit, it can become an absurd if all just spawned there.)

Retreating Swipe: Make it so if the user is immune to Knockbacks because of a status effect or item effect, they will perform a second Retreating Swipe dealing 50% damage.

Thousand Stabs: Make it 3 + Rank LV attacks performed. It's not really made for damage anyway. Also speed up the animation, like you've done with your optimizations. That's really nice to have on something that's supposed to be fast like this.

Turnover: If there is an enemy behind you, instead of the skill being unavailable, you will perform Turnover normally, but the result will be both enemies knocked down. (And then it would proc the anti-stacking system you implemented so they aren't in the same tile.)

Roundtrip: Make it able to be swung diagonally. The +/- arrows will turn it to diagonal or straight mode.

Mad Chop: Make it ignore Evasion if you are inflicted with Ruled by Anger.

Incise: While it is nice to have daggers gaining special bonuses from it, the same could easily be done with swords. This skill could be changed to have bonuses to Daggers and Swords be the same, while Spears and >Axes< behave normally. Yes, the addition of Axes to the skill usage will greatly help.

Execute: A lot of people will be against this I bet, but why doesn't Execute have also a chance to inflict Stun (or Clumsy) based on the enemy's missing HP?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I don't have an opinion on most of these but, I love the turnover, roundtrip, and mad chop suggestions! Big thumbs up from me.
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
Right right, a side-note I forgot too!

The reason Shinken was changed before was due to the 100% SWA scaling which technically made it do 'twice the damage' if you hit the projectile along a basic attack. I'd like for the overall Scaled Weapon Attack of the skill's projectile to be lowered by 50%, but still raised back to 100% if you are using Charging Strike.
Execute should also have a chance to make the target DC, based on % of missing HP.
LMFAO
Dunno about buffs if any but flashy shit is welcome