Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timer
When this happens more often than it needs to, eventually, you understand why people solo dungs or do them with their friends.

So, here's a suggestion! To save us from the suffering.

When in a party with someone, in a battle, if they enter the idle state, is it possible to have it automatically end their turn? As well as save them from defeat penalty, and win bonus if the battle ended, and they haven't returned?
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
I think it would be too easy to exploit. If you're in a bad situation, faced with possible dungeon loss, just go idle and you don't lose anything from dying and you've cheated a system like this.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
Could possibly set up a period base on how many actions they've done. Whereas if they've done like 2 plus turn of anything like attacking mobs and so on then they won't be able to escape the penalty. Could also make it a party only thing.
I feel like implementing this as a QoL is not worth the effort it would take to make - honestly, it should probably be on the player to make enough time if they're going to dungeon. If it comes to the point of needing this, sure, that would suck - but I feel like it's not a big enough problem to warrant something for.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
Some form of timer adjustment or forced skip would be great. Battle loss penalties can't really be touched though for the reasons Apple already stated.
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
Avoiding penalties for being AFK isn't going to happen. I also thought there was already some 'decreased turn timer' for AFK players?
If there is, it aint working. For one example I can remember off the top of my head, I remember we had to sit through like 20+ mins in a boss raid because someone had to go a few mins after joining us..Maybe it was longer, because we join the raid as it stated and the raid ended like 5 mins after we were finished. During this idle player's turn I was able to listen to a new sound track before it was someone else's turn. (One out of many examples)
Yeah it would be really nice if someone goes AFK, and their turn is skipped, the next turn auto skips untill they make some form on input or something. Or very short turn timer for them.

Too often does this happen and ruins whole dungeon runs sometimes, when short before a reboot and you try to full clear it.
Pretty sure currently there is no (or atleast no noticeable) function for it,
I think what would be really helpful to solve this is an "Idle" toggle in battle option that when turned on their turns are sent to the party leader like when disconnecting for example. This keeps tabs on things (party leader is responsible now) and only works in a party but gives options to trapped parties like Senna mentioned above. This of course should have exclusions like does not work with mercs or any sort of afk grinding option. All in all is strongly toward player to player emergencies.
Honestly, I think the party leader aswell should have some sort of function like that. Espicially when they have emrcs aswell.
Cause whats worse than waiting for one turn to run out?...Waiting for 4-5 "Mobs" or more turns to run out because he is AFK, so he can't control his mercs either. Or summons.

Leaders sometimes puff aswell, and you can't really do anything if that happens, but be trapped in the endless waiting hell.

I wouldn't be worried about the grinding aspect...Mercs aren't that efficent that its worth it or outshines any other training method, besides, its risky and you can't start another battle while being AFK...So its really nothing to worry about.