Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excel Line Issues
So long as the game stays as is, and you can never under any circumstance run into a fight with 3 levels of Charge Weapon ahead of time, I see no reason not to bump the underperforming line of weapons. You may see them as-is in a cheese build that prays for Vorpal or Holy enchants to multiply an Excel Ether Invitation/Checkmate/Etc to something crazy, but it almost never pans out when evasion, crit evade, Last Chance, and RNG are factored into the final equation.
I wouldn't bump this thread if I didn't feel it wasn't still relevant, and most of the points brought up in here still translate well to the standards of the current game, hell even more so with Claret Call being nerfed so much and evade creeping closer and closer to absurd numbers.

Excel-Line series of weapons are still under-performing with the exception of Excel Sniper due to its already good synergy with MG. Is there any sort of scaling buff we can perhaps see to these weapons? Their SWA is pitiful and just simply isn't high enough to amplify any meaningful effect and they'll commonly be out-damaged almost entirely by today's standards with swords scaling as high as up to 120% total (Spine Leash) or 100-110% otherwise.

A very cool feature (Excel Crash) barely even is utilized because no one wants to use such low scaling weapons either, people at least use the likes of Kingslayer and Dual-type weapons when they're also 90% STR Scaling.
I still agree with spoops on this, scaling is still completely trash for them