Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airborne and Friends
Airbrone is a status that in many cases is used as an set up for follow up attacks, usually it needs a very specific set up you can only pull off on your own when you are in perfect range. Now what I think is a bit sad about this, is that how airborne works currently you can not help a team mate set up a combo like this.

For Example, two Kenseis fight together:
Kensei A, gets into position via one of his skills and uses Raijinken to lift him up, he can not follow up any further but there is his buddy Kensei B to get in position and Sheranzan them. This is currently not possible because the airborne status ends with the turn of the causer. Meaning even if you use skip, they will land, not allowing any team mates to utilize on your set up.

Another tactical layer thats missing thanks to that is, that if someone airbornes you, but you happen to be a class that benefits from it and he didn't do anything to drop you down again, you are in for a counter attack posisbly utilizing the set up he gave you.

I think this is a bit sad as it takes away tactical layers in teamfights, so I wanted to purpose a change to when Airborne status ends on serval conditions:

1.) At the end of the turn
2.) On the turn of the person airborne doing anything to drop them again. (Aka using not airborne actions.)
3.) On any knockback/Knockdown?(Maybe, would be fun if it was a forced crash people into ground for like 5*Knockback distance blunt damage and a little "Crash effect" animation for extra shonen, not needed though.)
4.) Any damage that exceed 5% their health?(Optional I don't think airborne is such a strong status that it warrants basically just one action)

Reasoning is mostly to allow more synergy in team fights, or utilize the airborne set up the enemy has put you into.
End of the turn seems punishing if have lower cel.....

Instead I'd prefer on the start of the attackers turn
If you have lower Cel than the one putting you airborne, your turn gets in between, meaning you can land by whatever action really. (Or use the status for your own benefit)

If you as an "Setter" are going last....You are just not good at it, either way, cause then their turn also sets in before you and they land. I don't think it punishes either or really. and the end of turn was the idea to well..Do not have people hover in the air forever.

On attackers turn I feel like Skip tricks would be punsihed. Like setting someone airborne, skip for a teammate to use or push them away, and finish off with your own airborne attack like soaring spear for example (Depending if KBs end it of course or not.). Unless skip and the setter going again doesn't end the airborne.

Or am I not seeing what you mean? though honestly End Turn doesn't have to end the staus either, aslong as the person airborne can land as easily as it is right now on their turn.
I mean everyone should be airborne for the same amount of game time, and the best moment for it to Tick over in my opinion is at the start of the person who caused the airborne statuses turn.

Lets say 'jim' goes third in combat and knocks larry who is fourth airborne, Larry will remain airborne unless he does something to stop being airborne until the beginning of jims next turn, jim cannot skip to keep his victims airborne.