Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[v2.13b] Nitrogen Bomb
Nitrogen Bomb seems to not benefit from any power boosts. Things I have tested that leave it entirely untouched:

-Upgrade (Flamethrower) from engineer (says to add 15 power)
-Further Madness
-Ring of Throns
-Blacksmith Upgrade doesn't effect it either
-Sharpen
-weapon sentimentality
-Katana master

Things that DO work are:
-Material Power
-Sharp (The Green Quality text)

I update the list while I try stuff out, but as far as I can tell it only uses the base power of your gun.
I don't think this is technically a bug since Gun upgrades used to count only for basic attacks, and so does power boosts like Further Madness/Ring of Thorns/Upgrade skills/Passives like One Shot Wonder.

You'll notice that Further Madness/Ring of Thorns/Upgrade skills don't actually add to the SWA of stuff like Shinken either, and only to basic attacks so I'd be surprised if this is somehow a bug.
I figured Flamethrower and Ring of throns would be different atleast, as those have heavy costs attached to them. I find the power term a bit misleading then, cause there are things that do actually add power, like Salami and stuff.

Weapon upgrades at the very least made sense to me. But whatever, figured some of those might no be intentional. Further madness makes sense to not add I guess as it says basic attack specifically.
Sharpen
weapon sentimentality
Katana master (Braver/hisen mutated into guns)

also do not affect nitro.
Balance aside, Weapon sentimentality should for sure count, as its a direct buff to the weapon itself. Much like an enchantment. Of which i'm not sure even they apply to nitrogen drop at the moment. Most things that increase 'power' should affect the skill, as the skill specifically says it uses 'power.'

The diction used here is key. Things like Hexer's Evil force specifically says: "Damage you deal with basic attacks." Firebird's ignite power specifically says "Scaled Weapon Power," (Should be SWA but we know what he means) same for tactician's titan gale.

When things specifically say power, it should raise the weapon's POWER. Just as salamander sword does.
Katana master, heavy bow mastery, Salamander sword, Sentimentality, weapon parts, and enchantments all say they specifically raise power. As do a few other random things such as heat of battle in the war section of talents.

This is especially true for things like ring of thorns which has a massive cost associated with them, because raising 'power' is supposed to be a very rare and sought after effect.

For the sake of clarity and ease of understanding, if this isn't in fact a bug and is working as intended, these words should be overhauled, or nitrogen drop should specifically say 'base power, unmodified.' Or something.
Also correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't fixing this "Power" and the unspecified "Power per Basic attack" thing also fix a lot of the problems guns have currently?

Like Multishot guns spread their power per shot, so if thats how these buffs went, quick draw wouldn't get these insane bonuses because they are only applied ones at the beginning. Sure some skills get a few extra power points aswell, Rampage gets a buff as an enchant (deserved in my opinion) but guns in general wouldn't get gutted just cause quick drawinteracts with the pershot power boost anymore to multiplie the effects.

Nitrogen certainly needs to get readressed than and probably needs a nerf then, but its easier to control it that way than to warp you head around the whole gun race.
This isn't a bug. It will only check the Gun's power, not additional modifiers. This doesn't include upgrades to Power (since those function uniquely for Guns), but does include material/quality/enchantment/modification parts, and Sentimentality.