Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firespitters.(V2.13b)
Firespitter mercenaries give experience to their master on detonation.

To replicate: Capture a firespitter, make it self detonate.

I haven't used this glitch myself, merely been told about it and asked to report it, so I'm not completely certain on its details- Anyone who's more familiar with it I would appreciate the input of.
Edit: Removed
Should really keep shaming/preaching to the choir posts out of bug reports Tanasinn, you should have reported it sooner if you knew about it and didn't want it to be a thing, the relevant information there is the only thing needed. I didn't even know about this bug myself either.
Maksimum_Fire post_id=38342 time=1574451748 user_id=2081 Wrote:I haven't used this glitch myself, merely been told about it and asked to report it, so I'm not completely certain on its details- Anyone who's more familiar with it I would appreciate the input of.

That's all there is to it. And it's existed for a very, very long time - it's only become more prevalent recently with the removal of another method of firespitter-related exp grinding (which was not a bug in any way, shape or form).

When Dev reviews this, I'd like to weigh in an important question - why is it a problem? Surely in a roleplaying game, it's convenient to have quick, easy ways to level up so you can invest more time into... Y'know, roleplaying.

It won't stop people who churn out alts like a factory press from doing so. Removing it will not 'enrich' the content, given how the latest modifications to monsters do not make them more challenging, instead they merely prolong battles already won to an unnecessary duration.

Quote:bUt JuPitEr, ThiS iSnT RelATeD tO tHe BuG RepoRt!!11one

It isn't confirmed to be a bug yet. And it's important to weigh in the opinions of those who value this sort of levelling method as it allows them to quickly produce event characters and mooks to better enrich the experiences of others who would otherwise only have fellow heroes to contend with - without sinking masses of time that they simply don't have.
[Image: House_Banner_PNG.png]
...was this being used as a method to cheese a ton of exp to fresh le'd character or was it dumping tons of exp for the lady few levels to 60?
Ye. Some GMs didn't even know about this. So. But yeah. If it's ruled as a bug, whatever. If it's not, whatever. As far as i'm aware.

This is just a remnant of how the skill functioned prior to being able to capture monsters still functioning exactly the same.

Enemy Firespitter detonates, it still counts as 'you' defeating it and thus gives you the bonus. There was just nothing added to prevent this from functioning exactly the same as it does when the firespitter is on your team.

Seems like an oversight and nothing more. So change it if ya want, don't if ya don't.
This should be corrected in 2.14c.