Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player Count for Player Properties
Player Housing is a great way to create unique and diverse environments and flesh out the world and open up many new avenues of interactions - or at least they would be if it weren't for the fact that there's no way of telling if a property is empty or not.

So, a probable fix to this could be the addition of a 'Player's Inside' counter visible on a property's frontage in some regard. This way, players can tell if a certain venue is active, and even if it isn't, if they linger inside then other players would be incentivized to join them as they'd see that there's opportunity to roleplay within which in turn can draw an even larger crowd into a venue that may have otherwise remained totally empty.

Also this should almost certainly be an optional feature though, a lot of people prefer their privacy, especially if they're planning an event or are running some manner of scene they don't want intrusions upon.
This could probably be put in the LFG tab.

Buildings that want to show how many players are present could be highlighted there, through an option.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
This sounds cool as an LFG option, but I wouldn't really say I like it in any other form, unless the default is to opt out.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
I am more than onboard for this. I'm just not so sure why it needs to be an toggle option or a lfg option. If it's a player house you always have the option of just locking and kicking players out of said house up once you got the players you want in it or you simply don't want to be distrubed by a rando coming though. If this becomes a thing it should be a automatic thing that you can't just shut off.
If you want my spicy take on this. If someone really wanted people to go to a place or encourage RP at a certain place, they'd likely already be utilizing the LFG functionality or some other form of OOC contact to draw people nearby or to it. Likewise, anyone who was seeking such a thing would also come in.

So. I personally see no reason for this when the main reason someone might not be walking into a place is due to the main attendee or attendees of a venue just not putting enough effort into advertising. So. This seems fine as a LFG option that's optional. Otherwise. Go, go, work harder. Put yourself out there.

Sthap being lazy. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
I mean on a practical level it could help you find out if people are trying to steal things in your house. The human mind while amazing as it is. Sometimes you just forget to lock crates and extra storage containers in your place (It happens to everyone at least once.). And logging in and looking over in your house population or house occupant number or whatever dev would call it to see someone in your private home would help curb such things from happening on a oocly level at least. And making it toggeable would ruin that because we've all done a thing in this game to make us forget something important where the game is concerned. Like pray before a battle or turn on music on a fun-o-gram or something else silly along and above those lines.

If you've advertised something or used someone icly popular to get people out to come and see you then that's great and if you didn't or couldn't do anything to pique their interest than advertising isn't the issue. You knowing where some or half or maybe all of these people are currently hanging out is not gonna help you or them. And it's not gonna make things harder for either party involved either.

It's convenient info at best and miscellaneous at the worst. Rp is not gonna get ruined because before you've steeped into the door you know there's 25 people at the Cantina. Or you know the Hospital have 5 patients and 3 docs working on them all or the entire server is at a Auggie event. So this isn't a lazy thing or you having to work harder or you putting yourself out there. It's not an open invitation to a private rp. It's just an indicator to how many people are in one house at a time and it being toggable would ruin the whole point of the indicator in the first place.

I'm for the idea. I just think making it possible to see how many people are in a home at a given time a toggable feature is something that runs contradictory to the point of the feature in the first place.
Killah-K12 post_id=38751 time=1579087052 user_id=137 Wrote:If you've advertised something or used someone icly popular to get people out to come and see you then that's great and if you didn't or couldn't do anything to pique their interest than advertising isn't the issue. You knowing where some or half or maybe all of these people are currently hanging out is not gonna help you or them. And it's not gonna make things harder for either party involved either.

It's convenient info at best and miscellaneous at the worst. Rp is not gonna get ruined because before you've steeped into the door you know there's 25 people at the Cantina. Or you know the Hospital have 5 patients and 3 docs working on them all or the entire server is at a Auggie event. So this isn't a lazy thing or you having to work harder or you putting yourself out there. It's not an open invitation to a private rp. It's just an indicator to how many people are in one house at a time and it being toggable would ruin the whole point of the indicator in the first place.

Typically, if someone is going somewhere because they know people is there rather than having their interest piqued by something in general... and you're saying advertising isn't the issue, yet someone wouldn't have originally gone in to begin with without knowing people were there in general... and usually people go into a place because their interest in piqued or they're curious about wondering if someone is in a place or not (which they'd just walk in anyhow to begin with if they remotely had such an interest rather than just duck it entirely.) Then you know.

It's as you said. Convenient info at best and miscellaneous at worst. My entire point was that i'm viewing it as being almost as useful as it is not and that I, personally, can hardly see it having too much impact unless people are just shy or lazy. Since the things that'd lure people over there to begin with is going to aid towards the player count that'd just lure people towards there for the only reason that is: "I only want to be here since I know people are here". If that's not the reason, then you know. You'd just go check it out either way if you could be assed.

So. I'm still for the 'I don't care if it's added, just don't be lazy either way if or if it doesn't get added' stance.
I dunno. Might help more people be up to no good. Nobody's going to scour houses for victims, but they might get an unspoken invitation to come panty raid some glykin if they know someone's present.