Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Initial Thoughts about Runemage balance
Spoops post_id=38863 time=1580263851 user_id=193 Wrote:I don't really agree that its an unrealistic scenario when you can do a lot against silence with initiative and heron feather or the other methods of dealing with silence, or you can mask the rune from being destroyed with smokescreen. It can happen pretty quickly in a fight, and then very quickly devolves the fight when it does.

It might be hard to achieve in a 1v1 though FaeLenx, that I can agree with given it is harder to manipulate an enemy's positioning on your own.

Which is why my immediate suggestion was to make sure that runes weren't impossible to destroy and take that into account for balance. Halving the damage won't be necessary if putting up your nice, momentum-cost heavy rune isn't a permanent investment into damage and you don't have extend void shenanigans. As much as I understand you want to advocate nerfing it to work back up to a playable state, it might be better to consider where that playable state should be and then try to get a bit closer than having a class that deals next to no reasonable amount of damage by round 3.