Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sear-n better days
I remember a long time ago back on the cusp of the Evoker rework Sear used to be extremely good, but that was due mainly to explosion at the time, as it knocked enemies back through 100% fire ATK cinders, nowadays its barely worth a spell.

Compare Sear to spells that fulfill similar roles like Holy Spark, or explosion, which have much bigger damage and possible range.

[Image: XiPbl3s.png]

100% Fire ATK scaling is simply not enough, and I'd love for it to be bumped up just a bit, I think 130/140% Fire ATK at max rank would be reasonable considering its an AoE that is much much smaller than Explosion's minimum range.

And I do understand that cinders are in play here but the built-in class interaction with Explosion has since been tweaked, so it requires an alternative method to start knocking people through said cinders, it possibly wouldn't even be that bad considering that most people play footsies with evokers for a very good reason.

If a damage buff is not in the stars then I'd like to hear if there's anything else that can be done for the skill, its not worth using CM'd or un-CM'd in most cases currently.
Not much to add. The fire explosion doesn't damage at all anymore.

I vouch for 140% Fire ATK.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Some other ideas I've had are:

-Increasing the range of the skill outright from 1/2 to 2/3 range circles.

-Adding an interaction for hitting burned enemies, which inflicts a smoldering debuff which removes fire resistance similar to winter's bite, this would of course be a Nerhaven effect.
I like the smoldering debuff idea; it gives a bigger incentive for burn.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
+1 Make Sear great again. Maybe also have a harshly burned status that cuts through fire resistance for a certain amount of rounds so you can hit someone with more fire, or maybe the cinder tiles apply the status themselves?
"Can I get a hell yeah?"
"No"
I can def. get behind this. The range is due for a slight increase as it's very short to begin with. The smoldering effect for burned enemies is needed in my eyes as Explosion was cut from the combo. All in all yes. +1
This is from almost a year ago. Old topics lack context because things change dramatically over time, so please don't bump them.