Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lupine and Winged Race Traits
Lupine
Quote:Lone Wolf
Cannot be selected if you have a Follower trait.

You're tougher working alone than as a team. At the start of a round, increases Armor and Magic Armor equal to 20 (-10 per additional, alive party member in the field, min. 0).

Corbie/Phenex/Hyattr
Quote:Aerial Mastery

You have wings that you know how to make use of. Airborne status will not expire on turn change, and have its duration increased by 1.

Quote:All Flight
Requires Aerial Mastery

The sky is not the limit. While Airborne, you will always trigger Evasion against enemies who have more momentum than you, and gain a bonus to Evade equal to your Scaled SAN (max. 40). While not airborne you are more vulnerable, increasing all damage taken by 10%.

Just a few ideas, nothing I really would want added (aside Lone Wolf, because of how specific the conditions for Lupine's current traits are to work, I wish they got something simple and effective).

Xmas Joke edited out, ho ho ho
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Massive buffs?
Is this an out of season April Fools joke?
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
For Lone Wolf:
I'd say if we do something like that, the bonus is gone when party size above one, how you have written it, even with full party they still gain 5 armor. Soo nah. Suddenly everyone being lonewolf and all get bonuses even with full party=Against the theme.

Aerial Mastery:
Thats honestly something I always thought Corbies or flying races should have by default. Maybe a toggle skill.

All Flight:
Good joke.
I'd change all flight in one manner, Does not apply vs other airborne targets.
Dunno. Pack Alpha and Pack Follower are both unusable in PvP and I couldn't think of any way to make them better, rather than giving Lupines a way to stand for themselves in those situations. Other races have combat-related traits that are way better and don't depend on other people to work, so I thought they could have that added to them.

And yeah, All Flight's just an idea that could be worked into something else, don't gobble my penis because of it. Originally I wanted to limit it to Corbie and Phenex, since both don't have good traits to choose from. But this ended up like something all flying races should have.

In fact, my only oversight there was not putting a tie to SAN, in which oops, sorry. Edited up there.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I do not mind lone wolves getting something. And being sturdy certainly is within their theme. The idea you posted though benefits a Lupine even in full party, atleast before the edit. With a disadvantage like this I can see it working.