Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple's QoL Megapost
Somebody once told me [strike]the world is gonna roll me[/strike] that I'm like a god of QoL posts or something so I'm rolling with that and just collecting a bunch of QoL change suggestions in one thread. This is because they're small things and making a post for every single one would be inconvenient.

So, from the person who brought you a request to remove the fences around the inn and a request for Dormeho to get some heckin' lights, I bring you a thread of a bunch of nice changes that don't affect balance at all

Guild Leader Renaming

People really want to be able to have the guild leader be able to rename themselves to something creative instead of "Guild Leader". So much so that some will have alts lead the guild to have their IC leader have a defined role. So can we please get the ability for leaders to rename themselves, perhaps with an indicator that they're leader (like a different colored role name)

Extra Town Map Places

People have told me it would be handy to be able to teleport to the north, east, and west district entrances in SL2, and there's also that one little park. Not to mention the new clinic that was added, too - so can we pretty please with a cherry on top get teleport buttons to these on the town map?

Pick Up All

A function for houses, really. I'd really enjoy it if we got an option that allowed us to pick up all the furniture in our house at once, because it would be useful for turning a current build into a blank canvas to make something else for much quicker. To avoid malicious use, it should be ticket owner only - not for any old builder.

"Raining" message

Some people have to turn off the rain because of the way it affects their computer. But that means they miss out on something they can use in their RP if nobody else points it out - so perhaps when it starts raining a small message could be displayed to players telling them "it is raining". Kinda like with day / night.

Dungeon Floor For Everyone

At current it seems like only the party leader knows what floor you're on unless you're counting them as you go. To save people having to ask the leader "what floor are we on" it would be nice if everyone in the party gets the message instead. Would be just an overall good change.

Poke

At current people just use trade pings, but it would be nice if we had an option that allowed us to just nudge an idle player without forcing them to accept or deny / neglect a trade. Just a simple flash of the game and "X is poking you" would do it.

Experience / Level shown to party in corner

It saves people asking "What level are you now" when grinding you, or "how much experience to next level". Once again, minor, but appreciated. Then again, that's the entire thread at this point.

Guild Invite Perms

Guild Leaders these days can be busy with life or running other things (you know who you are) - so they could really use the ability to let others in their guild give out invitations for them. Being able to select guild members who can make invites on your behalf would be a really nice addition to the guild system.

There are probably some other quality of life changes that could be suggested, so if anyone has them please step ahead. Let's see how many minor changes we can conjure up.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
Completely agreed!

What I'd add - is to remove the 'Thank you for your patronage' popup that, well, pops up after every purchase you make. It is very irritating, and I want my two second of life back!
Completely agreed on all of these changes.

On my front I'd like to suggest a sell log for shopkeepers. It's a bit of a pain presently to keep track of your entire inventory so you know if something changes.
All of these would be much appreciated to have in the game.
I see no reason to not want these. You have my support.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
These are pretty standard. I'm surprised sl2 doesn't have these options as yet. You have my support.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
Wave two brings new stuff that would have gone in the original post but you know It's hard to think things up at the spot. Man am I just setting myself up to be asked to split them all up, though. Wew.

Skill Menu Scroll

In battle, if you have enough skills equipped (which is very feasible) the amount of skills will end up going off the screen and you'll have to use your keyboard to get to some that you wanna use. It's a bit of a pain, really - so it'd be super nice to have a scroll menu to keep them from going off screen and allow for mouse access.

"Main Class Only" clearer

Okay before you tell me the golden arrows already point it out, think with a new player in mind. How are they gonna know that? Heck, how are they going to know to ask OOC? They probably don't know such a thing exists. So, with them in mind I'd like main class only skills to have an easier indicator that literally tells you "main class only". Perhaps one like the one that tells you when something is compatible with element enchantments.

Weapon Repairs Under Level 10

A service to all those basic attackers under level ten going it solo. I cannot tell you how much of a pain it is when you're at such a low level and not able to make the murai for repairs (when you're at jammer cave levels) and then your weapon just... runs out of durability on you. It's kind of sad, really. So with that in mind I'd like to give those getting a start some mercy and either have durability not reduce until level 10 or have repairs be free until then. Maybe it's only me to have experienced that though.

MORE LIGHTS

I'm told Tannis doesn't have lights. Giant pole lights don't really fit them too well so if there are any less obnoxious sources of lights for them it would be appreciated if they could get those. Otherwise just give me lights in general for there I beg of you. I've also been told Lispool, for a place of light, is strangely missing lights. I want lights. Oniga (apparently) doesn't have lights either but should. The crusade for lights continues.

If the light information is wrong it's not my fault. I got someone else's aid in confirming it because I was not online.
Ya have my support with the QoL in the first post so far, these bottom ones don't seem all that bad either.
[Image: Empress_of_Light.gif]
I don't think i've ever suffered as the standard new player grinder with a basic weapon below Level 10 and i'd have 10 or even 50 murai by then. There's tons of quests you can do and such to get murai early on as well. So. I personally see no reason for that but rather think the game should point these quests and such out far more vividly or blatantly.

Even without them, just killing things also give enough murai. Beyond that? I'm down for every single other change here.
Killing jammers when you're on that level usually has not for me for whatever reason, and you can't exactly go to many other dungeons at that point either. Not enough lower leveled ones out there and you'd probably still end up not able to take them on even at the right level. Perhaps if not that, make it a must to at least visit Asago before you do any dungeoning or that lot. Direct people there in a simple way, but one they can't miss. I just think this is much easier to implement as an idea than trying to find ways to point quests out.