Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Board] Dates for Dormeho
There are flyers posted all over Cellsvich, Tannis, Dormeho, and Voilegard that read:

Dates For Dormeho
A Charity Auction
Sponsored by Elaine Vance from Stella Trading and Ly from Four Seasons Trading Company.

Come one, come all to support our wonderful folks down at Dormeho that do so much to keep the port city safe and healthy! As many of you are likely aware, the militia is volunteer basis and works without pay. Of course, maintaining equipment, purchasing medical supplies, and the members of the militia need to eat! On top of that, the town needs more resources to repair after the attacks. We've also been informed that the local clinic is running low on supplies.

The auction is simple! You can bid on one of our many lovely volunteers who have agreed to go on one date! They will have specified in their sign up sheet if their interested in a friendship date or a romantic one! Volunteers reserve the right to deny going on a date with a bidder for any reason. In that case, your donation will be refunded.

You do not need to bid in order to donate!

When

February 28th
6:00pm EST.

Where

Stella Trading Event Hall.
Stella Trading is just outside of the Western Residential District now!
[Image: rwAJCAn.png]

Icly, the event hall is near the company, but we will be taking this easily findable extra floor as pictured below to get to it: [Image: sknxHrb.png]

Sign-up Information

Sign-ups Closed
I may close sign-ups early if we get too many.

In order to sign up, you will be ICly filling out this form and sending it to Elaine Vance. (Please DM it to me on Discord: Moira#5099 )Walrus and I will be trying to use this information to basically write a sales pitch for your character.

Name:
Tell us a little bit about yourself:
Romantic/Friendly:

OOC NOTES ABOUT DONATIONS:

ICly: All of the proceeds will be going to Dormeho Milita and the Dormeho Clinic.

OOCly: 40% of donations will go to Dormeho Militia. What remains, will be thrown back into the community via a future event (murai raffle, game prize, ect.) or donated to help another player get a new project/event started.

Event is being Run by:
Myself: MilkTea#5099
MakeshiftWalrus#7604
Full list of participants! This is not the order they will be going up on stage in.
If you think I forgot your submission, please DM me ASAP! If you have any IRL schedule restrictions that you haven't brought up with me yet, (You need to go on stage early or late.) Please DM me as well!

Blue = Male
Purple = Female

Name: Julien [No Surname]
Hobbies/Interests: Dancing, house-building, Peacekeeping, and adventuring.
Tell us a little bit about yourself: I'm thirty-one, I enjoy art and dance. Though, I've no intent for any salacious endings, I will grant one lucky woman a romantic dinner that will end with a kiss. (NO TONGUE)
Romantic/Friendly: Romantically friendly.

- - -

Name: Adrian Beckett

Hobbies/Interests: Tailoring, Alchemy, Enchantment, Philosophy, Invention, Pranking people
Tell us a little bit about yourself: My name is Adrian Beckett, although I do prefer Mr. Beckett in most circumstances. I am a learned man, I like to think! My primary profession is that of a suit and dress Tailor. I am known in-so-far as the Tailor who has made Walter Carmines suits, as well as having done work for the Marshall of the Dormeho Militia. The world can be quite a boring place, but new experiences tend to make for quite the tedium breaker. I am generally recognizable by the helm that I tend to wear in public, It has lead people to call me "Bucket man." Before, I find it quite humorous really. I am something of a trickster, I do enjoy playing practical jokes on my closest associates. Why have you ever made an enchantment to turn footstep sounds into toad noises? it is quite useful for carpets, I find. There is also the application of the standard gastrointestinal dischar- (Just as the submission starts to ramble about the art of making whoopie cushions, it appears like it had been omitted.)
Romantic/Friendly: I am open to either direction Destinies fickle motto may take me.

- - -

Name: Allister Cedrick
Age: Staff note: Participant is unsure of his age, but he appears to about thirty years old!
Hobbies/Interests: Practices Medicine, Plays Violin, fishing, frequents local parks.
Tell us a little bit about yourself: Just came back from overseas, currently working as a bartender at the stars reprieve. I don't mind friendly chats, but if you're looking for more you'll have to maintain my interest.
Romantic/Friendly: Either or for women. Men, only looking for friends

- - -

Name: Morata L. Mihan
Hobbies/Interests: Farming, singing, cheering people up.
Tell us a little bit about yourself: Hoi hoi! I'm Morata, coming from a small farm not far from Dormeho and I'm here to help my friends and earn money for my parents! I am amazed by the amount of cool people around and I want to be like them one day so that I can do cool stuff too!
Romantic/Friendly: I want to be friends with everyone!

- - -

Name: Ryuu, Shirou.
Hobbies/Interests: Fishing, card games, singing.
Tell us a little bit about yourself: Sometimes I can tell a good joke, in the right light I can be pretty handsome or so I am told, and wager I am honest. I can be rude at times but that's part of the charm.
Romantic/Friendly: Romantic.
There's a little note attached to the end written by one of the staff members, "He is the type of man that will stick with you through thick and thin. He has great mental fortitude making him the perfect anchor. He's never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, and never gonna run around and desert you."

- - -

Name: Shiraishi Kanon
Hobbies/Interests: Fishing, Diving, swimming and hanging out with friends! People watching..? Is that weird?
Tell us a little bit about yourself: I really like the sea, I think. At least a lot of activities involving it. People are wonderful -- I love meeting new people, and bringing smile to people's faces! I can be a little awkward in conversation, but I do my best. I just hope I can make people happy!
Romantic/Friendly: Friendly

- - -

Name: Crimson Crusader
Hobbies/Interests: Comic Books, talking with others, helping others, sewing and technology crafting.
Tell us a little bit about yourself:Alright people, let's do this again. I'm Crimson Crusader for the last year, I've been the known Hero around Sigrogana, helping out the people with the blackeast to helping them face some unstoppable odd. In the end of the day, I'm just a guy in a mask.
Romantic/Friendly: Friendly

Staff Note: NO REMOVING HIS MASK

- - -

Name: Eiser Molaesol

Hobbies/Interests: They say you should practice what you love, so I practice cooking. I'm a social drinker, so I find myself at bars from time to time, and I enjoy games of chance, strategy, and a great many physical activities; I'm keen on keeping myself in shape.

Tell us a little bit about yourself: I.. admit that when it comes to Sigrogana, I'm still a little naive. Despite my age, I've only spent about four years away from Mersales, so while I'm very familiar with the elf homeland, I'm not as familiar with the place I call my new home. I am very curious and I strive to be polite.

Romantic/Friendly: I'm generally keen on friends, but I'm willing to take things a step further if I find someone who piques my interest.

- - -

Name: Trevor Aldenbern-Reed

Hobbies/Interests: Adventuring, cooking, workouts, meeting new people, taking care of his pet dog, training, hanging out with friends, playing music, helping the common man, working(yes, working.)
Tell us a little bit about yourself: (To fully quote the man) "Hi, uh... I'm Trevor Aldenbern-Reed. Aye, two last names-- long story. I'm an adventurer, and I like to learn and discover new places, things, or just meet new people. Everyday's an adventure, after all, so I try my best to spend it as well as I can-- it's never a dull moment! Most of the time, anyway."
Romantic/Friendly: Friendly, but he seems to be open to the former.

- - -

Name: Chills
Age: Twenty...Somethin'. Memory loss, you get the drill.
Hobbies/Interests: Mostly fightin'. Keepin' Dormeho safe, food as most folk are. Singin' is good ta' pass the time. I've been tryna' learn an instrument, maybe someone could show me the ropes. I can make some pretty ice sculptures if'n you're in ta' that.
Tell us a little bit about yourself: Right hand of tha' Dormeho Militia, My ice ain't nothin' to laugh about, kick ya' worst enemies into Tuesday. My confidence a bit overwhelming, but i'm a loyal fella' stayin' as friendly as I can be. I'll make ya' laugh by the end of the day if anything.
Romantic/Friendly: Romantic

- - -

Name: Arcturus Verlon
Hobbies/Interests: Adventurer and Treasure Hunter probably count, but it might be more accurate to just say a Chaser of Whimsy and Curio Collector. Even if it is probably nothing more than a myth, who wouldn’t want to see a castle made purely of glass? Also I guess I’m pretty good with metal, but that ones more out of necessity then desire.
Tell us a little bit about yourself: I’m a mechanation built for a Chataran mercenary company with all that it entails. But even being what I am, most people mistake me as human, and usually there is no need to correct them. After the end of the mercenary band, caused by financial reasons, I’ve been left to my own devices more or less, and so here I am to see the world.
Romantic/Friendly: Laissez-Faire (Staff note: Either or is fine.)

- - -

Name: Chillian
Hobbies/Interests: Writing, Painting, Going out to Bars, and Nature Watching
Tell us a little bit about yourself: "I'm someone who's kinda old but not too old, but I'm part of the Guards of Sigrogana! I'm a little awkward and a little weird, but honestly I'm not that bad. I grew up in Gold, but otherwise I'm preeeetty fair!"
Romantic/Friendly: "I want a nice man who'll cuddle me into dream time, but more friends wouldn't hurt."

- - -

Name: Pinny Aerani

Hobbies/Interests: Cooking, playing music, martial arts
Tell us a little bit about yourself: I'm a redtail from Oniga that's been living here for years now, always open to having a fun time and trying out new things. I like to cook and play the piano, though I'm not very good at it. Also learning alchemy, and I'm a fledgling youkai user!
Romantic/Friendly: Either.

- - -

Name: Flora Thistlethorn
Hobbies/Interests: Plant tending, exploring, socializing
Tell us a little bit about yourself: Flora is an energetic doriad with a zeal for life. She always wants to make new friends and experience new things. Although she has the occasional social misstep, she always greets the world with a smile on her face.
Romantic/Friendly: Both

- - -

Name: Jill Summers

Hobbies/Interests: Dancing
Tell us a little bit about yourself: Just someone that is trying to find their purpose in life
Romantic/Friendly: Any

- - -

Name: Liliana Lacoste
Hobbies/Interests:All things beauty, ranging from clothing to cosmetics. Wine drinking/testing. Food tasting/testing. Sight-seeing and exploring. Reading a good sociological and sociopolitical book, from time to time. Politics. All things arcane.
Tell us a little bit about yourself: A lot of my staff has regarded me as quite the busy body, always stealing away into my office and doing whatever it is they can guess (hint: it has to do with paper, and work). I think it's certainly high-time I participate in something, whether it be in good fun or to find that special someone. Needless to say, I'm certainly a lover; I quite enjoy romance, if done properly and elegantly. I'm no push-over, however. I reserve all rights to disrespect those who disrespect me. Perhaps that wouldn't make me the bigger person, but I'm only five-foot-six after all. As you can tell, I like the good, moderate joke. Puns are delightful, and so is food. I have quite the ranging palate, but I like trying new things as well. Though I don't expect a budding romance from this, anything I can do to represent Voilegard and assist our Dormehan neighbors would be grand.
Romantic/Friendly: Either, or.

- - -

Name: Ashley Hart

Hobbies/Interests: Sightseeing around Cellsvich and Dormeho. Currently studying business and tactics, but have studied various others back in Karaten. Currently looking for a job, but is dedicating most of their time to charity!
Tell us a little bit about yourself: I don't talk about myself much, so this might be a little short. I'm from Karaten! I'm the heiress of a small company that processes lumber into paper and distributes it in Karaten. We aren't the most dominant, though, since we focus on a higher quality paper made from specific kinds of trees that have aged a minimum number of years; and as a result of that, we charge a little bit more for the quality of the product. That said, I can assure it's well worth the expense! The feel and firmness of our paper is enough to warm my h(e)art, and I think you'll appreciate it as well.
I guess I should talk about a little bit more than just a shameless sales pitch- Sorry. I like music and reading and water- They're the things that calm my heart the most. For different reasons, but... They make me happy, and that's what matters. My favorite genre of books is autobiographies- And that translates into life outside of pages, too! If you have a story that you want to tell me, feel free to just pull me aside and talk to me. I love watching people when they tell a story they like telling, and listening to what's on their mind.

I think that's everything important I should leave here? There's a little more I could probably say, but I'm running out of space!!
Romantic/Friendly: I'm not engaged in any romantic relationships at the moment... But I'm a little nervous, so I won't promise anything until we've gotten to know each other better. Sorry!

- - -

Name: Luke Henzo

Hobbies/Interests: Cooking, working out, Crimson Crusader Comics and travelling.

Tell us a little bit about yourself: I am a simple guy. Recently got back from Hyoya, where I learned a few things, which includes cooking- My new favorite hobby in life. I work as a Bouncer by a bar, and I like to think of them as my family.

Romantic/Friendly: Either.

- - -

Name: Casil Von Tepes
Hobbies/Interests: Fighting, blood letting, cooking.
Tell us a little bit about yourself: Uhh, I'm a Zeran, I didn't really do much with studying, but I'm pretty good at fighting! I love using my spear in battle and gorging people, sometimes disemboweling if I can with my spear, but I'm also a proud Tepes.
Romantic/Friendly: I'm kinda both, don't know what this love stuff is, it sounds weird.

- - -

Name: Eirika Sciarra
Hobbies/Interests: Literature, music (especially piano), painting, gardening, walks
Tell us a little bit about yourself: “I’m from Alstalsia, and I’m fluent in Alstalsian, Common, Karatynn and Onigan. I’m an Inspector for the Blades. Overall, looking for someone to brighten my day.”
Romantic/Friendly: Either

- - -

Name: Ly
Hobbies/Interests: Commerce, magical theory, medicine, sailing.
Tell us a little bit about yourself: I'm a former sailor, and current CEO of the Four Seasons Trading Company. Spreading goodness to those who need it, is one of my biggest priorities, and as of such, I've dedicated most of my life to turning my profit into the betterment of those around me. I'm well-read, raised in Sigrogana, and spent a good portion of my life sailing, before I made landfall. I'm interested in friendly dates, although I must admit, I do like romanticism
Thank you for all that showed up!

600k was the ending amount on the dot.
240k was given to the Dormeho Militia (IC Guild)
There is 360k left over.

If you have an event idea/community space you'd like to build/or anything along those lines, please get in contact with me on discord at Moira#5099. I would prefer to give the murai away to newer players, but it doesn't hurt to poke me and ask. I will just ask a few questions before deciding to YEET the murai at you or not.

If you WON someone from the date auction and didn't have your date yet, DM me on discord and I'll DM the volunteer and see about getting it set up.

As for things learned from this event: Probably should have limited to fourteen participants. Seven male, seven female. Just in case anyone does something similar again, that's what I would suggestion.