Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stun mini-rework
Currently stuns are presented in a very awkward and janky way, while they do work initially there are some very clear buggy issues with shaking off a stun and also the ability to stun yourself, I'll try to sum it up as best I can:

-Currently shaking off a stun grants 3 momentum, this can apply even if the target was already at 7m and it'll instead grant them 10m at the start of their turn should they resist a damage type.
-Currently self-stunning works even at 1m, furthermore you can shake off this stun if you were to resist an effect, even such as self damaging sources like Burning bracers or shock collar.
-Even if you stun yourself at 1m, you'll still get Mayelia's healing immediately for basically no cost but 1m and setting up the stun. (Stone Dragon Air Pressure is the most common usage of this, Ki Awoken is the other way.)

-If you were to say..use blowback cannon on a target to stun them, -ANY- resist proc afterwards would immediately trigger the enemy to shake off the stun, thus giving them 10m at the start of their turn instead of 7m, this can mean extremely common effects such as: On Hits, Oil Chain, Elemental Arrows (Fire/Ice), Weapon parts (Fire/Light arrows), Pierce resistance etc. This can all really suck considering that fire is actually a very common resistance.

With all of these facts display it seems like what I'm asking for is mostly bug fixes, but I know that stun is currently very jank to begin with, so here's some changes I hope would solve these clearly abuse-able problems with stun and make it more in favor of actually aggressively using stun instead of defensively using stun.

Here's how I think some of the problems might be fixed, I hope I can convey these in a way that might potentially make it easier to translate/implement

Stun (Status):
1) Shaking off a stun no longer refunds momentum, 50% DR has proven enough of a downside to Stun to warrant its great effect.

2) Stuns now require 3+ momentum to activate, if the target doesn't satisfy this condition then stun will only activate when they do. (Next turn if they do not have 3m)

Mayelia:
1) Heal now only triggers on stun effects not caused by self, soul burn is still exempt from this rule so it still may heal a dullahan.

Thats all I really have to say
I don't see any issues with any of the suggested changes personally.

Stun can be abused massively in it's current iteration as both an offensive and defensive measure, that can simultaneously disable your opponent and heal yourself while potentially granting yourself 50% DR. I don't really have anything to add aside from a potential alternative that could happen instead of the mayelia change or both at once.

[list=]Disable Air Pressure's object pushing secondary effect unless under the effects of Talvyd.[/list]

My reasoning for this is the fact that Stone Dragon + Air Pressure is constantly paired together to stun yourself and/or the enemy and is the main source of stun shenanigans. While it would still be possible in theory with Stone Dragon + Cyclone Spear; it'd require duelist and mage or spellthief paired together.