Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dagger 1* Potential Buff
The one star Dagger's potential, Forbidden Technique in particular.
[Image: unknown.png]

It provides 10% bonus damage at the cost of 3M to activate the buff and losing 10% HP every round it's active. This is usually not worth the trade off, specially considering you're better off just performing another attack most of the time to get similar results. Here are some of my propositions to make it more appealing, and perhaps slightly more exciting:

A) Cursed Vengeance increases your damage by 25% instead.
B) Cursed Vengeance instead costs 0M to activate.
C) The HP loss is 5% per round instead.
D) A & B combined, 25% damage increase and costs 0M to activate.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
Would be funny if it could transfer that stat as it is to an enemy and watch them get served for 30% of their max HP for just a mere 10% damage increase.

That's the situation of that potential right now, it would work better throwing at an enemy than using it yourself.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
The dagger potential is very underwhelming, yes. It's like a bad Soul Rage without the momentum bonus and with a mini damage steroid instead. It's very not worth it.

I'd rather see either the damage it gives be buffed or the HP loss per round lowered. The momentum cost can stay, imo.
I'd rather momentum cost stay in a different fashion, have it cost 0m initially and buff its damage to 25%, but make it consume 3m when the status fully expires, as if you are burning out.

That is, if the momentum cost must stay.
I'm not a fan of huge damage amps, personally. I can't see many scenarios where this wouldn't be just be used to make a Ghost's EI kill-range larger, which I don't agree with.

Lower the health cost, or remove its momentum cost, but leave it at 10%