Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost: Suffering from Success
Grandpa post_id=39542 time=1588041499 user_id=70 Wrote:I hate to play Devil's advocate, but there's something that I don't think many people are considering here. In nerfing claret call's level cap, you're also nerfing skills like ghastly strike and cut down - but mostly the latter. Ghastly strike I could see not really caring too much about that, but nerfing cut down like that seems entirely unnecessary.

If claret call were to change, I'd want to see cut down buffed - because making it go from a -20% phys and magic defense to -10% would honestly just make me drop the skill entirely, personally. It wouldn't be worth it anymore. Sure, you can make the argument that you can use the skill more often at that point, but in a battle of attrition (usually with a tank) are you really going to survive long enough to see the benefit of -10% outweigh the benefit of -20%? I guess, if you're two ghost tanks slamming your faces into eachother, but for everyone else... Doesn't quite seem fair.

I actually forgot Cut Down existed for a moment. That was my bad.

In regards of it, if Claret Call is reduced to a maximum of 20 like it's being suggested, the LV of Cut Down's debuff could be the same as Claret's, instead of being half of it. As for Ghastly Strike, I actually don't understand how the skill works really well, if there's already a base chance or if Claret's level IS the chance. If the latter, every 4 LVs of Claret could be akin to 20% of chance, with a total of 100%.
Cut down is already a 160% scaling axe skill, with axe weapons generally having high power caps. Plus the bonus of removing some of both defense and resistance, I'm sure it'd still be a fine skill even if it was reduced to 10% reductions. Besides, its SWA isn't even hit in the original post, so that'd be the only nerf to it.
[Image: unknown.png]
Mr.SmileGod post_id=39553 time=1588102403 user_id=143 Wrote:Cut down is already a 160% scaling axe skill, with axe weapons generally having high power caps. Plus the bonus of removing some of both defense and resistance, I'm sure it'd still be a fine skill even if it was reduced to 10% reductions. Besides, its SWA isn't even hit in the original post, so that'd be the only nerf to it.

I don't think you quite understand what I was saying.

You could take away Cut Down's autohit scaling entirely and it would still be worth using for what the effect is, as long as it stays at -20%. Claret call effects how much defenses are lowered by level/2.

Lonestar post_id=39544 time=1588045475 user_id=494 Wrote:I actually forgot Cut Down existed for a moment. That was my bad.

In regards of it, if Claret Call is reduced to a maximum of 20 like it's being suggested, the LV of Cut Down's debuff could be the same as Claret's, instead of being half of it. As for Ghastly Strike, I actually don't understand how the skill works really well, if there's already a base chance or if Claret's level IS the chance. If the latter, every 4 LVs of Claret could be akin to 20% of chance, with a total of 100%.

That would be an okay enough change, but then the worry would be getting the skill out too often at the maximum percentage. Getting level 20 claret call is child's play for most people. As for Ghastly strike, that sounds good to me.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
I'd like to double down on what Shujin mentioned earlier since I didn't think about it at the time. Halving the damage given by Claret Call while keeping the current maximum would also alleviate the issue fore mentioned, given it would still affect Rebound's healing and what not.

But at the same time, it'd slow down Claret build up as lv20 is easily doable in 3m/4m.
I'm aware. What *I'm* saying is that it'd be fine with 10% instead of 20%. Having 160% scaling AND 20% reduction to both defense and res is, in my humble opinion, a bit much. Not Arb's Buster Cannon tier crazy, but still too high. I'm fine with the claret reduction bringing its reduction cap to 10% if it's going to keep the scaling. Or leaving it at 20% reduction if the scaling is dropped, but I'd rather it not stay as both.
[Image: unknown.png]
It feels like we're closer and closer to getting Ghost in a place where it's both thematic and strong. Just one last push, Dev. And Ghost's nerf threads will die for real. (heh)

I agree with everything listed, and my preference over Wraithguard is having it be within 3 range of the user to grant it Damage Reduction.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]