Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burn, the easy Rampaging (Burn needs to be toned down a little)
With Burn now negating Aptitude together with Class, Buff and Equipment bonuses, it became terrifying. This was due to a possible bug fix and optimization changes, and the effect is working as intended... But after testing it a lot, I see that this effect is just way too good, it negates almost everything but what you sport Base.

Alas, could it be toned down a little so I don't get hit by a mini-Buster Cannon before its changes? DEF kind of counts for Earth ATK and stuff, and it's -very- crucial when you out of nowhere lose from 10 to 20 DEF thanks to a single status effect, which also stacks with Rampaging for further DEF shredding.

Alas, here's what I purpose:

- Burn negates up to LV/2 Bonus DEF (min. 1).
- Burn reduces bonus DEF by 50%.

This is so not any single LV digit of Burn makes your DEF disappear. But if we're playing the lazy nerf game, half of its full effect should probably do the cut too. Anything but my everything being gone in a Thanos snap.

pls ;_;
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I agree that the reduction should be somehow better calculated, personally I do not understand why Aptitude is bonus stats for any purpose considering mechanically the only thing aptitude really does as bonus stats is stunts strength health gain and makes you a bigger target for burn.

I haven't seen burn cheese recently BUT I have heard it's rather strong.
Perhaps half the effects of burn on bonus stats, then change Hexer's Hellfire Unogate around to boost it back up to 100%, while keeping its "burn now effects resistance" clause. That would incentivize more use out of more hexes than just the usual Menov's Fang/Strangling Etacof. And maybe we'll see more Hexers running around using Underworld Flame, too.
I honestly like that one, Pinny. The current Burn seems like something a Hex should be doing, not what the status effect does by default.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Honestly I don't see how its compared to being an easier version of rampaging given that at the minimum on a build you're losing roughly 7-8 defense from burn, which makes the status palpable, after which any more defense it shreds off is literally your own fault for relying on defense mods so much. Burn prior to this update was a laughable status, its DoT wasn't incredible and at that it wasn't exactly very efficiently run except with like Hikage and Blaze Shell.

I'd rather burn doesn't get nerfed, its honestly a good thing that its actually kinda strong now. Not to mention it has one of the most commonly resisted damage types in the game and didn't have its damage bumped up even a little bit.

If you're having trouble with Burn's defense drop, Snake, I can only suggest maybe accommodating one of these into your build, which is meant to counter that specific purpose.

[Image: yRhXBHJ.png]

I expect that a reply will be given regarding its side effect, the doubled damage, to which perhaps I can suggest a buff thread for Salamander Skin, instead of a nerf thread for a previously laughable status now actually being relevant.
Ay, burn isn't exactly 'extra powerful', it's just decent now. It's not game breaking strong. If anything, poison is still more deadlier. It's only strong if you depend on a shit ton of bonus defensive mods. Of course, this is a little punishment for padding their stats like that. While it helps counter tanks, there are many ways around it. Status resistance, Drowned woman, that item Spoo showed, and Etc.

Perhaps this gives them a reason to push certain items and whatnot into the meta now, yes?
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]