Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silence is not Bliss. (Quiet Person)
Okay so I know Quiet person has been talked about before, but at this point I've seen a few people have it, and when they talk fast. They fill up the chat a whole bloody lot. So I'm making a suggestion on it. Either an Option to turn off quiet extra text tidbits, like Rupture'd ear, Quiet person, Prayer tools even, so they aren't filling up the chat and making it hard to actually see what is going on, OR a trait that either negates Quiet Person, or just makes you too stubborn to care about it.

That or just make the text of quiet person smaller sized, or less annoying to read through every time it comes by. Cause honestly seeing big boxes of. Well...
[Image: unknown.png]
That Is annoying. Very annoying, and fills up the text fast when someone talks a lot, even in all talk mode.
Could we just get some option of reducing how annoying it is. Even just making the amount of Text smaller. Hell why does it REPEAT their name/Alias? I just want it toned down a tad on the annoying factor by either letting people ignore it if they want, or make it smaller.

Rupture'd Ear just needs the whole, removing the name from the text bit tbh, it can stay. That's a great side effect to sound injuries.
I agree it should be displayed as a system message rather than a text rewrite.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Something that makes the text much smaller would do, like a system message, yeah. Or something else to stop it looking super spammy.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
I'd rather it just reduce the range in which people could hear your says from 11 to 9 instead, and just omit the post rather than have it display as 'Person is mumbling'

This is coming from someone who actively uses the trait too, one of my most active characters has it simply because it'd be incredibly unfitting for them to not have it, and I know how annoying it is.
I'm with Spo on this one; there's no reason to have the garbage text posted. It's garbage in the sense that it conveys no additional information (as text bubbles would do enough anyway) and so as others have stated, it just takes up space in the chat log.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
I would prefer to not see Quiet Person chat prompts at all. I've found it obnoxious to look at myself, when you sit in the sweet-spot of not being able to actually properly hear it. It can clog your chat incredibly quickly, especially if the person in question uses talk a lot, which people with the trait ironically tend to do.
I'm on the opposite side for one simple reason: Sometimes, posts simply don't go through. Removing the text entirely would cause a lot of confusion for me, given that I wouldn't know if a post was eaten, or they didn't post, or if they have the trait. At the very least, make it a toggle option. If people want it, they can use it-- if not, then they can turn the 'garbage text' posts off.
[Image: unknown.png]
Mr.SmileGod post_id=39810 time=1590183140 user_id=143 Wrote:I'm on the opposite side for one simple reason: Sometimes, posts simply don't go through. Removing the text entirely would cause a lot of confusion for me, given that I wouldn't know if a post was eaten, or they didn't post, or if they have the trait. At the very least, make it a toggle option. If people want it, they can use it-- if not, then they can turn the 'garbage text' posts off.

This is an issue I think needs to be addressed in actuality though, I've missed so many posts in the new chat and I can't even swap over to the talk-tab to make sure I haven't missed any posts. Its infuriating to have missed a post because it gets eaten by a random bug.
As someone who uses this on a few chracters I know how annoying it can be, I don't want to be moving or have other people to be moving from where they are to simply hear a single person.

Im with the suggestion of quiet person reducing the distance that say can be heard as well as the "ALIAS seems to say something but, they're are mumbling too quitely for you to hear." either not being displayed or being smaller purely because it can clog the chat very quickly as stated above.
[Image: Empress_of_Light.gif]
I'll be honest I'm ALL for removing the post in general, but removing the post before didn't look like something people wanted to do because of...I don't know why, but if we can't remove the post, the post size does need to be adjusted so it doesn't clog the hell out of the chat. The new chat system is buggy yes, but this also happens in the all tab and it is also very cloggy in the all/talk tab anyways because it is "Alias Seems to say something, but they are mumbling to quietly for you to hear", Which is just a cloggy thing in general.

Also I wish that when something gets posted in the chat tab, it also gets posted in the all/talk tab so we don't miss posts? Can we get this as well please? Seriously?