Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agility Intensified [Cursed Thread of Agile Accel]
Heh. People thought I wouldn't suggest such a powerful thing. Yet. I'm here, to suggest the most power thing of all.

Agile Accel. You know about that? 1m Movement, costs 15 FP, gives you linear 5 Range Movement but makes you take unresistable (the correct term is still irresistible probably) fire damage that stacks if you keep abusing it during overheat hours?

Give up a foot slot on a mech for this POWERFUL strength? Yeah. That Agile Accel.

So a thought came up to me. Now, this might be a strong stretch, yeah. Haven't heard too much on this in a while but. What if we make it so Agile Accel had some kinda soft cap and hard cap system in order to make it more agility-oriented?

Based on your Battle Weight, of course. Soft Cap can be something like, i'unno. 20 or 25. If you go over this, Overheating gains Double the LV with each usage of Agile Accel.

Hard Cap can be like 35-40. Where if you go over this amount, it just outright won't work since you're too heavy to move in such an agile manner.

Likewise, to compensate for this. Agile Accel can get a change that either

A: Makes it a 1-4 Range Tile Target move in general rather than a 5 Line Movement move
or
B: Makes it a 1-6 Range Line Movement Move rather than a 5 one.
or
C: Make it so it scales its range with your CEL. Starts at 1 Tile and then gets +1 per 10 Scaled CEL. So 50 Scaled CEL gives you 1+ 50/10 = 6 Range on your Agile Accel. Could also just make it some shit like MOV/3 + 1 Range Per 30 Scaled CEL.

Something like that. Just thinking up some stuff since, it feels jarring seeing some mechs being super heavy but still super mobile solely due to a lack of foot slot, y'know? If making Mobile Walls of Death was that easy, sometimes you gotta wonder what Karaten is doing up there in secret.

Either way, another one of those 'don't care if it gets in or not but is rather just a suggestion that just so happens to be balance related' kind of deals. So go nuts.

tl;dr i want agile people to be more agile, pls make too much fat cripple agile accel usability and buff it for otherwise agile ppl thx
Other than adding thematic limitations to a race that seems fine as is, I don't see why reworking the trait would be necessary. The premise that fat walls shouldn't be able to fly around like gnats is undermined by Demon Hunter's very existence.
You know what?

You're right.