Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reaver is not smooth anymore (Demon Hunter Reaver Combo)
The ol' PvP rebalance hit somewhere it should not have. Reaver's combo is back to doing horribly low numbers thanks to how Combination Fighter works. Can the numbers be reverted to what it always was back when Demon Hunter was introduced?

LV5 Chaser = 130%
LV5 Rising Tide = 135%
LV5 Elemental Rave = 140%

Additionally... Please reduce the potency reduction clause to Combination Fighter all together so we don't need to tamper with non-Reaver combo scaling when the problem is tied to that passive. We already have Evasion to compensate that. Evasion + -50% = damage goes down by like 80% on Elemental Rave.

This is why we asked before for Reaver to be overtoned, but it was not necessary when the bigger offender of that was merely a balancing mechanic.

Reduced damage from (25% -> 50%) to (10% -> 20%).
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I'm not sure I understand the issue the patch created for Reaver. Using Rising Tide -> Elemental Rave -> Turnover -> Chaser does a total of 385% Scaled Weapon Attack, which is (as far as I can tell) the highest autohit damage a class can reliably do in one turn. This number goes up if the enemy can be critically struck with Shinken, which gives 1 or 2 more autohits for the combo. Using Chaser early in tandem with Winged Serpent allows for a Knockdown, giving the scaled half of your combo a means of bypassing Evasion altogether.

If armor applied after the damage reduction of Combination Fighter -- which I don't believe it does -- I could see the issue. If this post mentioned the inordinate FP cost of sustaining Reaver combos, I could see that too; but it doesn't. With a suite of autohit options, elemental compatibility baked in, and the ability to use ANY weapon, if Reaver did too little damage with autohits I suspect the issue is far more systemic than something buffing Demon Hunter would fix.
I could see combination fighter lowering FP costs proportionate to the damage decrease probably.