Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eating Effect Tiles
When tiles created by spells overlap on top of each other and their duration ends, the older set of tiles deletes the newer ones that were just created.

[Image: e4786ebe38024be672b60b0bfe15632e.png]

Tiles created with Blazing Crystal Rose. The Southern ones are the older ones.

[Image: 4b3d76eedffea46437287446ace9bd6b.gif]

When their duration ends, the newer tiles remain.

[Image: 9a7eefd89cc320abc80dcab1b8085504.png]

Dark Water created by Black Bubble.

[Image: cbd43b2e5b634cd90806258292b96869.png]

In this image, you can see that the Southern set of tiles deleted some of the newer ones in the Northern section when their duration expended.

I know Sear has done this before, although I'm not sure about Famuiga, Miu, or any of the traps. It seems ones created by Blazing Crystal Rose are fine though, I'm not sure about any other elemental impact tiles, granted I was using a badge for the Blazing Crystal Rose.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
What's more likely is that the effects you're mentioning don't overwrite existing field effects because there's already a field effect of the same type at the location, making this not really a bug and just a mechanic.
Then it's working as intended for skills to be overwriting them and spells to not? Seems a little two-faced of a mechanic. Just asking for clarity before solving the thread.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4196#p4196 Wrote:Neus » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:06 pm[/url]"]What's more likely is that the effects you're mentioning don't overwrite existing field effects because there's already a field effect of the same type at the location, making this not really a bug and just a mechanic.

Incorrect. A Fire Altar's cinder tiles will dissappear alongside another fire effect if layered, so overwrites do occur.
*loud burp*
Some skills overwrite, some don't, it seems. They should probably all behave consistently for clarity reasons, but I'm not sure how the majority of skills behave in this regard.
Would it be helpful to gather a list of all skills and what kind of effect they have? I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to provide a list of "X skill does/does not overwrite tiles".

It doesn't bother me either way, but if this is a big enough issue for people, then yes, a list would be helpful. Most of the elemental impact effects should behave the same way, so you only really have to check one of those.