Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Limiters... ON.
I'm gonna be right to the point with this one. Not sure if this goes in balance-fu or suggestions so i'll put it here until further notice.

A lovely little dream of mine has always been the power of limitations. After remembering a certain item existed thanks to the test server. I've decided to come here with it.

[Image: kzz8kNe.png]

The Ring of Restraint. Yes. This is unironically a thing. However, this also goes to something I want for the concept as a whole.

For starters, a number of things being able to be limited seems to be a good start. I'll go into a bit of detail with each of these. Now. I know I might be asking for too much. But even if only some of them got in or the idea was at least expressed to have interest in it, that would make me satisfied in of itself. Without further ado! Here's what I think should be allowed to be limited:

Individual stats. (Barring VIT and APT and SAN.) Maybe allow players to make a 'secondary stat sheet' which applies only when Tekagen (or whatever unique form of it the Ring of Restraint gets. Preferably both.) which can have freely controllable statlines AS LONG as it's below your current. Of course, it won't take into account bonus stats that don't come from racials. So this means that if I want to specifically go down by 15 Scaled STR from 55, but I want to go down by 30 Scaled DEF from 62 or something. This is now an option.

Elemental ATK since sometimes having raw scaling power doesn't mean that you have the Ele ATK for it. Or maybe not having the ability to swing that sword at a heavy immense force doesn't mean you can't pull out some sick magic overall without being a Lumi Ele Nerd. Control over your limits is cool.

Max Damage Allowed in one hit. If I don't want to go over X damage, then I don't wanna go over X damage. I'm limiting myself, why can I still sometimes nuke people? Making that a limit option would be fantastic.

Individual ranks to skills. Rather than requiring me to take a fruit of forgetfulness anytime I wanna hold back, or just being bad overall. Why not allow this kind of limitation to be allowed? I can see how it'd get iffy on some skills, but most skills are just FP Reductions and Effectiveness Increases, usually through power or range or one/two additional effects. So I don't see too much harm in being able to lower it effectively (but temporarily.)

Elemental Resistances. As long as it's not negatively gained resistances or racially influenced resistances, be it coming from items or SAN primarily, I think we should be able to reduce how much we effectively have with such a method. So this'll mean a Mech for example can limit their resist to solely be their 15% Fire/Ice and -25% Lightning Resist. Even if they actually have 40% Fire/Ice and 7% Effective Lightning Resist.

Now for a bit more of a risky three. These are ones i'm not sure on at all and seem more balance oriented than suggestion based. So I won't keep it long.

But for anyone who isn't using Afflicted Spectre or a Dullahan, the ability to change the max percentage of their HP/FP they have active in a fight.

Next, Character Level! Some skills and items scale with that! So why not lower it? Then effective value is g o n e but it's still there. Just suppressed! Limited, even.

Finally. HP/FP Regen. Sometimes you don't wanna regen a ton of HP or FP. This one is a big iffy one though. But neat if it gets through.

With that list over, that's just some examples and what i'd love to see personally. As for how to implement this? Two ways I can think of.

Way 1: Add additional stuff as per suggestions to Tekagen but also add the Ring of Restraint which gives Tekagen without the HP or FP regen. (If it's what Kinu uses to get Tekagen, then adding a unique player-exclusive variant of it might be nice. Maybe make it a quest item to obtain or something, akin to the Swordmaster's Ring.)

Way 2: Just add this all to already existing Kensei Tekagen. Make them feel a reason to use it more.

Some way to also have it identified if someone is not going all out would be nice but not mandatory. Either way! That's all I wanted to suggest.

I'd really love discussions or Dev's input or anything on this. It seems like something that'd be real nice for people to play around with or mechanically feel like they're not at a dissonance with some of the lower power leveled characters and what have you. Sometimes, it's just good for flavor without resorting to pure RP to express such things.

That's all, guys. Back to the shadows.