Poll: Are you in favor of chaning Enma's Summoning to True Damage?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes. For an invocation, it should at least give you a guaranteed 100 damage.
38.89%
7 38.89%
No. Hexers don't need any more power
44.44%
8 44.44%
Yes but it should be an aoe instead of global to compensate.
16.67%
3 16.67%
Yes. But it should still be affected by Wraithguard/Guard/Bodyguard etc.
0%
0 0%
Other: specify in reply
0%
0 0%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enma's Summoning
There are methods to make it guaranteed anyway, nullshell overcharge
100 damage isn't even that much, though. Especially not for all of that FP and Momentum.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4389#p4389 Wrote:MegaBlues » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:02 pm[/url]"]100 damage isn't even that much, though. Especially not for all of that FP and Momentum.

This. Other classes make 100 damage for 9M look very sad. If you make an invocation of all things require a combo to be good, then no one will ever use it. Especially in the case of Hexer where the best things about their skills isn't even assured. I know if I have a choice between Death Knighting, Spirit Pain, or Enma's Summons, I would go with one of the former two every time. And if those didn't exist, I would still never touch Enma's Summons. It's just that bad.
[Image: jzdlBPn.png]
Heck, a Kigal + 80 base Will (Attainable by Karatynn, Zerans, Cabal Mechs, Raid Mechs, Wyverntouched, Redtails, Liches, am I missing anything?) with a base mage spell will deal over 100 damage before enemy Res is applied. For 3M. Assuming their Res is fairly low (which is 100% normal) you could deal 2.5x-3x the damage of Enma's Summons in that same amount of time, for FAR less FP. And never mind that Enma's Summons ONLY hits if they're at 100 HP or below!

"Oh, but what about the hexers who don't want to level as an E/GS and who want to actually use their defense growths?" Yeah, that didn't stop anyone from jumping on the status change nerf bandwagon; my own hexers can't even seem to inflict Burn/Poison (in PVE) with Level 30 Payback in effect anymore. And even my now nearly useless Hexer/BK can still do over 100 damage via other means within that 9M.
*loud burp*
I'd rather just have the following changes applied:

1. Your party as a whole can only cast one Enma's Summoning per battle.
2. Enma's Summoning will inflict the damage regardless of enemy HP values.
3. For every Curse or Hex an enemy has, the damage they take is increased by (Rank*10)%
4. If an enemy goes down to 0 HP via damage from Enma's Summoning, they cannot get back up by any means; that means no Second Chance, no Sol Volatile, no Die Hard, no Phoenix, no Tactician revive, no Phenex revive, and maybe no Last Chance.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
If we're wanting to change it around, I could see something akin to this.

1. Once per battle cast per team.
2. Enma's Summons will deal damage based upon the number of negative status effects the enemy has.
3. For every 1 they have, you deal 10% of their HP.
4. Hex's/Curses double and will deal 20% of enemy HP.

That way if someone has 5 full hex/curses on them whenever this ability goes off, they simply go down. However even if you don't do the bads to them, if they've already 'badded' themself with Potion Sickness, Reload, cursed themself... it will still have an effect.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4412#p4412 Wrote:Rendar » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:43 am[/url]"]If we're wanting to change it around, I could see something akin to this.

1. Once per battle cast per team.
2. Enma's Summons will deal damage based upon the number of negative status effects the enemy has.
3. For every 1 they have, you deal 10% of their HP.
4. Hex's/Curses double and will deal 20% of enemy HP.
Though it is still an invocation, I think that the curses/hexes should get removed after the skill is used. Thee status effects are fine, but the hexes/curses might be a bit OP'd if they stayed after something like that imo.
[Image: latest?cb=20150618145649]