Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turning
With the loss of being able to turn using End Turn, which to some extent was understandable, I have found it increasingly more annoying to play classes that to some extent play off of direction, be it Demon Hunter with Snake Dancer, or Soldier in general with Bulwark.

I can understand not wanting to let people turn for free, however our only options now are to meticulously plan ahead or abandon another attack to move and reposition - or use any applicable skill, such as Charge or Shukuchi to face another direction. The issue there, is that these skills were recently made to have a cooldown if not used for their intended purposes, and they also cost FP.

Instead of shooting some direction-dependant classes in the leg, Cobra users especially, give everyone a 1m action that simply allows them to face another direction. It is not free, as it costs 1m. Poor use of momentum will make someone unable to turn.

I would find it strange that in a land of magic and monsters, people are incapable of taking a moment to face their opponent.
number 1 GTer EU
I share the gripe. I don't do combat as often but I do agree having a 1M turn could patch a few difficulties within the game's mechanics on a fundamental level. It's difficult to catch on to things like this as the fall of Demon Hunter made a lot of people overlook small things regarding them. It's not as tedious as fixing a bug might be. Just something simple for a QoL change, as well as just generally making sense.
Combat is not supposed to be as real time as it appears and moving away from your opponent is not as quick as the equivalent time investment of 1m, so if there was an option to turn around it would have to be 1m, Corbies and Phenexes to some extent get to do this with Gain Air, Hyattrs with Dragon Hover, Anyone with a shield with guard (giving more usage to shields), you can equip a skyburn to gain the very same ability Corbies/Phenexes might have and even Cobra has a method in which to turn towards their opponent, meaning bigger attacks needs to be planned and prepared for, pretty much every single method I mentioned here has a 0FP Cost associated to it,

There could absolutely be a 1m turning option, but that gives a lot of power to Disengage/Snake Dancer and any other frontal defensive system again, the current way its setup is that you very will likely have an option to turn around with 1m, but it might not be worth it in the case of Charge's recent nerf (which im sure is not an intended interaction) and shukuchi costing more FP.

Also I think something to note out here is this gives a lot more viability to teleport movement as well, a Cobra User can use Bluebeo to assure that when they move backwards, their turning direction is not changed. (So long as you're clicking to move instead of using arrow keys)

Because of all the options I've listed, I'm skeptical on introducing a turning around option, as it kinda just pumps a bit more power into Cobra, and thats not the bandaid dodge needs right now when it comes to damage mitigation.

But also it makes not a lot of sense that we can't simply just turn around, maybe another "Maneuver: Turn" trait is needed for that, at least giving a tiny build cost to it.
In regards to the maneuver, making it cost 2M at most is a good reward for landing a critical hit on a non-duelist class.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
While i'll agree that some way to consume momentum to turn universally is needed. As far as I see it, this change so far has only made a few people not be as mindless or risky with their motions since it can lead to them getting screwed over out of Eviter or Snake Dancer or something similar.

That's a change i've come to greatly like solely since i'm not seeing the same old same old as much as I used to, despite people using...the same old, same old. Being made to play differently is cool. But man, gimme way to turn if I want to end my turn early and not be a specific class or consume more FP/Cooldown of Skills than I need to.