Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
same tile targeting (2 step targeting)
So this is going to sound silly but it has a point, for skills that can target twice there's a few cases where you can move an enemy and move to a new spot, Oaring in example.

But as it stands if I wanted to get a better positioning but the space behind them is occupied it'd be ideal to want to land where they started with oaring, but because of the way targeting works, you cannot.

If a 2 step targeting skill moves with step 1, can we perhaps allow the second step to understand that and allow you to take that spot?
To explain in a hopefully more understanding manner.

Skills that teleport you similar to Oaring's ground version or Vanishing strike count the target of the attack as a dense tile and disallow you from moving to that tile, creating incredibly awkward scenarios where using it as a 1 range attack to obtain positioning with is awkward/impossible.

For example:
[Image: s4pMRS9.png]
Here's the normal targetting, you move towards 2 which is a free tile.

But shifting 2 over to the target (who would then be teleported to your old location) will disable you from actually using the skill.

[Image: TNvkvuY.png]

which forces you to target the tile behind them, but because they teleport to your old location it creates a 1 tile gap that you cannot actually do anything with.

[Image: iiJtcKR.png]

If specifically Oaring and Vanishing Strike could count the target of '1' as non-dense temporarily that could be a solution to the issue, appearing inside of people isn't an issue anymore as it usually shunts you out of that spot forcefully.
Can't you just target 1 tile below where you currently are to get around this?
For a VA's case this often doesn't result in you at their back though, which is Vanishing Strike's and VA's biggest strength, since the target doesn't swap the direction they're facing.
You know what - while I've only encountered this problem a small amount of times, it's pretty darn annoying when I do, so I can support this one. Would be pretty nice.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity