Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daggers need a (probably major) hit buff across the board
They have roughly the same hit as swords currently, swords just have a multitude of ways to deal with Miragewalk and Disengage. I will agree that the hit rate of daggers leaves much to be desired as a whole but the main issue is huge evade sources like Disengage/Miragewalk.

Usually the only ways to run daggers are depending largely on hit steroids, this was not a problem when Kensei could apply its debuffs passively instead of actively, Kensei and old Ghost were just the go-to classes for VA in terms of actually succeeding, but its heavily moved on from then, mostly you find VAs rocking Demon Hunter for the extra defensive and offensive maneuvers or you see Bonder just for sheer stat bloating with FAO and Synchro Summon.

I would not like to see Ghost/VA be insanely strong if I can help it, the existence of claret call and how lightweight daggers are makes it incredibly easy to stack a massive amount of damage very quickly, but I do agree daggers have a lot less to be desired, I would call for more dagger skills that aren't just autohits and instead are basic attacks.

Some dagger tools poorly needed are:
-A way to reach an opponent's back in 1 range, this could be as simple as a 2 range sidecut to being as cool as slipping behind your opponent before an attack is made, something like moving through the shadows towards an opponent's back, this could be a risky maneuver if you miss.

-A basic attack with a hit steroid on it, similar to hanging or couloir/pierce linker/flip shot, there's no reason for daggers to not have some sort of hit steroid attack, you can combine this into the previous skill I mentioned as well. If its exactly like Pierce Linker is by giving it a +25 Hit bonus, now you have your dagger's way to fight against miragewalk being a CONSTANT presence.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Daggers need a (probably major) hit buff across the board - by Autumn - 07-09-2020, 03:41 AM