Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reapers (and Apperatus)
Something that's come up recently is the disparity in power between races. While mechanics and strength aren't necessarily a deciding factor for some players to choose races and some choose them because of their flavor or lore, it is definitely a part of it for a lot of people. There have no doubt been times when people were interested in a race but found out it wasn't 'viable' or it was lackluster and decided to go with something else. 

Personally, I have no issue with the current races regarded as strong staying as they are. Rather, the focus should be on improving races already in the game. They don't need to be made meta or reworked, but a little push to make them feel better to play would go a long way.

To that end, my suggestion is this: change the SAN scaling on the Reaper and Apperatus passives to be 4 or 5 SAN per rarity level for the weapon you can use as a casting tool. That way at 40-45 SAN, both races would be able to use 10 star axes/spears.

These two races definitely aren't the worst off, but I feel like it's a change that could easily be made that would make the race feel a lot better to play. I don't see any broken interactions that are suddenly enabled by higher rarities of axes/spears being able to wielded as casting tools for all spells. Instead, it just expands that mechanic and opens up more possibilities to players that have characters with these races.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Perdition's post:
  • NICC
Touching up on this topic more. Allowing the options for weapon variety in the 10 star category would give players the feeling of having more to choose from. No one likes just using 1 Star spear as their END ALL BE ALL weapon. As this game is... Mechanically, an RPG. It would not knock them further up the meta chain, break anything that isn't already broken, or otherwise.(famous last words)

If anything this will just give a basic mechanical change while also giving the Reapers and Apertaurus some flavor with their weaponry.
[-] The following 2 users Like NICC's post:
  • Kazzy, Perdition