Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jackhammer's lacklust scaling
Alright buds, there we have it. Ol' Jackie-chan. This gun, being a launcher-type, no longer got any real utility in the game at all, no classes endorsing the use of this type of weaponry (besides the combination of Kensei/Magic Gunner, pre-rework of the former which compensated the hit and damage, which is no longer a thing), horrible base stats (especially accuracy) and the only upside is AoE. Even with Galdric, which is the material for accuracy, it doesn't help it even reach 80%. This is kind of bad.

For instance, the one I'm using is fully upgraded, capped to the maximum with all parts I could slot in that didn't debuff it into worse.

[Image: unknown.png]

Even with 55 Scaled SKI I'm unable to make the damage be high enough to match the rest of my weaponry. Or hell, even a basic 1* Handgun from a shop, with no upgrades. Look right below.

So, could its Stat Scaling be increased to 90% SKI and the Critical Damage to 120%? The 55 base Hit and 0 base Critical, which is incredibly tiny both, already balances the fact I will never hit anyone with this junk, outside of using its potential skill that cannot be used fluidly due to costing 4M and reducing its AoE range.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
While I'm certainly all for a buff to the weapon, 90% scaling on an AoE weapon is too much. It would make it absolutely too good, especially when you'd throw on the extra 25% scaling from Magic Gunner. At present it's an amazing weapon for grinding, but I feel it'd become the choice weapon for most Magic Gunners in PvP if it could consistently pump out quite high numbers against multiple people. It would be a bit of a no-brainer.

That being said, I would like to see the scaling raised a little, though, to perhaps 70% skill scaling, or even 75% if possible. Right now, the only way to get adequate numbers per attack, is to run it with stuff like chain shell, and elemental overcharge, and even then, with stats to compliment a build like that, it still leaves much to be desired.

To showcase, this my character specifically statted up to power through with as much brute force as you can give it, and the weapon they use. It's not efficient, it's just to demonstrate the otherwise lackluster numbers.

[Image: V3q5ZcD.png][Image: ZZemcPE.png][Image: MM1Wuvh.png]

It hits anything with more than 40 defense like a wet sock, and that tends to be commonplace among both players, and higher-level monsters alike. The potential was a nice addition, but it just wasn't really what the Jackhammer needed to be a decent weapon.