Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Elytra
I don't quite understand why these boots are overtuned to such a degree. They grant almost 20% blunt resistance and basically counter all forms of knockdown in the game — one of tank builds' biggest weaknesses. Pair an Elytra with Kip Up from Marital Artist or Roc's Rise from Firebird, and you get one of the more annoying setups right now, especially if you're dodgy and you risk losing Evasion for simply attempting a knockdown.

I'm not sure if it's intended, but Raijinken → Sharenzan and Rising Tide → Chaser trigger Elytra's knockdown effect, despite the fact it pushes the user outside of 1 range and ignores knockback immunity because they're airborne.

I think most of issue lies with the free knockdown counter which can possibly be remedied by instead basing the activation on some kind of UL percent chance, rather than a consistent 100% chance. Or perhaps, the knockdown counter effect can be negated if the user is airborne.

The blunt resistance granted could honestly also be toned down to UL, a max of 12% instead of 18%, and still will be considered good.
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Akame's post:
  • Fern, K Peculier
Yeah, I wholeheartedly agree that Elytra is way too oppressive to fight against, considering the majority of knockdowns require you be next to the opponent. The Blunt Resistance it provides is too good, with just these and a Padded Vest Cloak together, you get up to the coveted 25% Blunt Resistance easily.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Slydria's post:
  • Akame, K Peculier
Yeah the knockdown in 1 range on Elytra is simply too powerful and just disables so many things that worked before, to keep in the theme of heavy ass boots I'd rather they just give complete airborne immunity instead as that would have a lot of usage.

The blunt resistance is also very strong, but I'd be willing to keep it if it wasn't for that knockdown effect.
[-] The following 2 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Akame, Senna
(07-23-2020, 08:44 PM)Spoops Wrote: Yeah the knockdown in 1 range on Elytra is simply too powerful and just disables so many things that worked before, to keep in the theme of heavy ass boots I'd rather they just give complete airborne immunity instead as that would have a lot of usage.

The blunt resistance is also very strong, but I'd be willing to keep it if it wasn't for that knockdown effect.
I can get behind the Elytra giving airborne immunity.
It should probably just grant Airborne immunity, really. Or using the Kick maneuver cause you and the target to collapse, if we're trying to imitate Golden Beetle better.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Akame
(07-26-2020, 03:07 PM)Snake Wrote: It should probably just grant Airborne immunity, really. Or using the Kick maneuver cause you and the target to collapse, if we're trying to imitate Golden Beetle better.

Make it give a skill called drop kick. Could maybe kick back one tile extra and collapse the user but have a UL*1.5% chance to KD the person getting kicked as well. Then it'd be lesser Heavy Tackle though.

Just tossing out ideas here.
Been vocally advocating against the minecraft shoes since they were added, anything that reliably is selling for 50k in the community you can bet is not because of its balanced nature and fair counterplay. I would go as far as to say they could lose the blunt resist entirely and still be fine, but I think the knockdown should stay the same. They filled a very necessary niche and made it not always a great idea to knockdown in every situation its available for you. What if they have elytra and will get up an execute you?

Too many builds are based around the knockdown and kite strategy, or just using knockdown to eat momentum. Without some looking into knockdowns themselve I would rather this evil stay.
(08-09-2020, 04:20 AM)EenKogNeeto Wrote: Been vocally advocating against the minecraft shoes since they were added, anything that reliably is selling for 50k in the community you can bet is not because of its balanced nature and fair counterplay. I would go as far as to say they could lose the blunt resist entirely and still be fine, but I think the knockdown should stay the same. They filled a very necessary niche and made it not always a great idea to knockdown in every situation its available for you. What if they have elytra and will get up an execute you?

Too many builds are based around the knockdown and kite strategy, or just using knockdown to eat momentum. Without some looking into knockdowns themselve I would rather this evil stay.

They aren't selling for 50k because of the blunt resistance. While that is a factor, they're selling as high as they do because they counter all forms of knockdown in the game, aside from snake shot/pulling shot from Archer and the knockdown seed (There's probably another method, but I can't remember it). The blunt resistance can be toned down to UL%, but the knockdown effect should be changed to UL% of a chance to activate so there's a risk/reward involved or should be changed entirely. Also, that niche has been filled by Kip Up and Roc's Rise for some time now since they cure the momentum penality.

I'm still advocating for airborne immunity suggested by Spoops to replace it but I'm also open to other ideas that anyone else could suggest.
50k...What in the world...They're not even more than 2 hours of grinding, what? Sounds like a serious level of overpricing. I don't believe the knockdown should be proc on % else the shoes would become close to useless. I don't have all that bad of an experience fighting against it...Then again, I don't abuse knockdown to know. Due to the nature of the monster it's suppose to copy, I believe he should keep its knockdown effect. Just lower the blunt resistance to UL/2 and I suggest a small adjustment; the shoe's knockdown counter effect is negated when airborne.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
I can get behind a nerf to the blunt resist as well, seems like it was added as an addition to the only counter to these things besides the few ranged knockdowns ( for some reason) being using kip up yourself as a fist user, but it seems pretty overkill to have 18% resist to any of the 3 major weapon elements on a feet item.