Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Elytra
I don't really want to ditch the theme of the item by making it into something it was never intended to be (airborne immunity). I could see nerfing the blunt resistance and/or having the boots negate Kip Up for the wearer.
(08-13-2020, 09:50 AM)Neus Wrote: I don't really want to ditch the theme of the item by making it into something it was never intended to be (airborne immunity). I could see nerfing the blunt resistance and/or having the boots negate Kip Up for the wearer.
I can get behind that sort of change.

Would you be open to the airborne status negating the Elytra's knockdown effect perhaps instead?
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Akame's post:
  • Joseph Jostar, Miller
(08-13-2020, 12:08 PM)Akame Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 09:50 AM)Neus Wrote: I don't really want to ditch the theme of the item by making it into something it was never intended to be (airborne immunity). I could see nerfing the blunt resistance and/or having the boots negate Kip Up for the wearer.

Would you be open to the airborne status negating the Elytra's knockdown effect perhaps instead?
Here’s the thing, and also here’s my head canon on the KD, first, Chaser will KD someone when they pass over them meaning one range of the Elytra user it just continues to propel the user forward. It shouldn’t negate airborne status cause then you’ll have to give that ability to the Golden Beetle it’s based on. Maybe nerf the blunt res, but 18% isn’t that bad considering it’s blunt resis.
[Image: jBTJOXi.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes iStabOreos's post:
  • iStabOreos
(08-14-2020, 09:59 PM)iStabOreos Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 12:08 PM)Akame Wrote:

Here’s the thing, and also here’s my head canon on the KD, first, Chaser will KD someone when they pass over them meaning one range of the Elytra user it just continues to propel the user forward. It shouldn’t negate airborne status cause then you’ll have to give that ability to the Golden Beetle it’s based on. Maybe nerf the blunt res, but 18% isn’t that bad considering it’s blunt resis.

Well the reasoning behind my suggestion was to allow Raijinken → Sharenzan and Rising Tide → Chaser to be exempt from Elytra's effect because when you're airborne you lose knockback immunity, so technically you can be pushed outside of one range. Maybe the way it's coded is that you get knockdown before you're pushed outside of one range. I just believe a boot slot being the be all end all for countering knockdowns is too powerful, the blunt resistance aside. Roc's Rise is at least class locked and Kip up is too to some extent, which makes them bearable
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
Is it possible to tie the auto-knockdown to a chance instead? Like UL*2 so its 24% similar to the Hands of the Giant, I couldn't care less if kip up is enabled with it or not, the knockdown is the problem, not the blunt resistance.

I'd happily take 30% fire RES over 18% blunt resistance on my boots slot, but the chance to KD enemies in 1 range would still be worth the 10* slot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Akame