Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staying Sick
In light of some recent eventing and possibly inspiration from some other games, I had an idea. 

Seeing as Mercana can't be relied so heavily on in events anymore, especially those that are combat heavy and will tend to last a long time/have multiple fights throughout, potions are going to be used more often and likely even between fights.

The problem comes in when you drink a potion, spend some time roleplaying by exploring the rest of your abandoned fortress, ancient shipwreck, or gang hideout, and get to your next fight still being debuffed with potion sickness. You start combat off rough and end up getting hit hard again without the ability to heal with ol' reliable and might end up screwing your whole team over. 

The solution, that I think would help in far more scenarios than just that hypothetical, would be to have the Potion Sickness timer disappear on the hour changing in game as well. At first I tried to think of a specific number to tick it down by, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized no matter how you cut it the potion sickness cap is far lower than an hour of game time, as long as we're assuming the 'rounds' of combat generally go by pretty fast.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grandpa's post:
  • Fern
I feel like Potion Sickness shouldn't be a thing that lasts out of combat anyway. More of an in combat thing than anything else.
I agree, Potion Sickness should go away on the hour tick. Or maybe turn this into a Trait derivative from Fast Healing, where Potion Sickness goes away but you lose one extra food filling stack?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I think it should be a non-trait thing, honestly. Being potion sick for hours upon hours because you haven't gone into a battle is pretty strange.

Out of battle Potion Sickness should go away when the hour ticks. It would make more sense and not make people feel obligated to OOCly spar their friend to quickly leave battle and get rid of it.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]