Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hearing trait
Hello, hello, making another thread. This one in particular is more just RP and... sort of convenience related, I guess?

Most of the animal races (a lot of the Kaelensia, cat Omina, Redtail) have animal ears, and from my understanding, they're supposed to be fairly sensitive to sounds under most circumstances. But despite that, if someone just doesn't have a loud enough voice, those races still can't pick up on what they're trying to say.

So, I wanted to suggest that the races with animal ears (excluding Omina, if that's hard to actually keep track of) get a trait called Sensitive Hearing, or something along those lines. The effect of it would be pretty simple - make it so they can hear people with Quiet Person regardless, but also include some sort of disadvantage. My thought was simply not understanding someone with Loud Person if they shout while close by (because they're too loud for you to focus on what's being said), just as an example, but there could be a different weakness applied instead, too.

Obviously, the suggestion could be adjusted if people felt that it's too underwhelming or something, but I mainly just wanted a fun little RP trait to be added, if possible, without any sort of notable mechanical benefit.