Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SP Eating Classes
I think a standardization of skill costs would be a good start.

All slotted passives become 2 SP max, 1 for skill, 1 for 0 slot cost, these skills the majority of the time are intrinsic to how a class functions.
All innate passives become 3 SP max.
All utility/defensive/buff skills/spells go to 3 sp max
All offensive/healing skills/spells remain 5 SP
Certainly agree with the fact, that classes should have alot more skills/Points needed than you can get in normal ways, that will allow from BK A to be different from BK B and encourage more build variety. The more the better actually.

Though I also know what you are saying. Many skills are actually near useless at level 1-2. It comes from a mentality of "He practices the skill slowly to mastery, so its sucks at first and gets better!"...Its still a skill and I feel many do good with cutting the first 2 points away from it. Verglas is a very good example of that, it feels much more better as a class now and you have options, you are still unable to slot it all cause you still live with the restriction of not only SP but Skill Slots.
Like Sawrock says however, its preference. I like having an arsenal of skills to play with at any time, so I won't happen to just do the same rotation over and over in a battle and redo my skills like every so many fights to be able to atleast have ONE answer to something (most of the time one answer isn't enough to win it, but you atleast do not feel 100% useless). Having more options available to you, also has the advantage that you need to think through more options and it allows for more room of error. Its an advantage cause that enhances tactical gameplay. Allowing errors from player side.

But maybe instead of just shaving rank 1-2 away, its better to have them "Start" at current rank 3 and just have smaller step ups from ranking up with still a 5 rank total. Would feel like the skill is still useable, and max out only skills that are your bread and butter.
Autohits that are not at least 100%SWA without some effect tied to it, are most of the time waste of momentum in any scenario.