Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trade UI overhaul
Not to say I have any UI/UX experience or knowledge, but after regularly trading with merchant player almost on daily basis, I figured a change to the trading UI would be great. 

Currently the trading is the drag-n-drop style, and you can't select a group of items which isn't a big issue for people who just wanted to throw an item or two, but it becomes a Hellish experience for people who wanted to trade a big amount of items considering it took me +10 minutes to go through all the items, even worse when the items in your inventory starts to reach +150 ish since everything starts to lag. Ontop of that, the UI is also bugged (picture attached below, to replicate, just start putting items on the items-to-trade window).

[Image: unknown.png]

Any sort of overhaul would be great, but if I have to suggest an idea for the trade UI, it would be an UI that allows you to mark items with shift+click/ctrl+click capabilities to make trading large amount of items easier, and an item amount value box next to the item with a plus/minus buttons. Lighter and desaturated color theme would also be nice, since right now the color is either really dark (trade UI) or eye-burningly bright (Char appearance change UI). UI and color theme examples below.

[-] The following 4 users Like Putit's post:
  • Boomkiller, Fern, GenixSS113, Trexmaster
As one of the few people associated with running a Trading company, having to deal with scrolling down for each item being dropped in. The excessive lag and loading behind it. About... 40% of my time in-game is stuck behind a trade window? Not to mention possible screen freezes, crashes, and more that makes trading even more arduous. I'd love to see the Trade menu get overhauled in all fairness, make it more streamlined and simple to navigate. Like how the new shopbot system is. All I want for Christmas is an update like this.
As someone that's played the game on a more ordinary computer not really meant for gaming before, I can tell you all about the suffering I've had with the trade window back then. It would repeatedly freeze my game if there were too much items on display, crash in the worst case scenario or visually bug out to heck by removing the icons of things for reasons I'm not sure I understand at the moment.

I don't think of it as an emergency or anything, but I think it's safe to say a lot of people would appreciate a new trading menu similarly to the new shopkeep interface. At the very least, I think being able to select more than one item to trade (and remove from the list) would be a pretty good addition.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
trade mank
fix pls