Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[v2.31b] Graceless Loss
So. Noticed something a bit woah.

The grace period for disconnecting is gone. In all regards. I've done some testing to confirm this and asked around a bit.

It seems the moment a player disconnects, it instantly starts skipping their turn. That means in solo play in dungeons, that's an instant death sentence. I disconnected for 12 seconds earlier and came back to find most all of my HP gone, just thinking to myself. "I was at max HP. I'm pretty tanky. What if I was gone three more seconds?"

One little incident, whether on the players side or the game's side or BYOND's side. All it takes is one disconnect to ruin it all.

or so you thought.

That comes to Part 2 of this. This can be exploited to literally lose nothing in PvE. If you die this way, you just. Don't lose anything. It's as if it never happened. How did I test this, you might ask?

I did two things if you want to replicate it.

One: Just take all your items off besides 20 fodder items. I used Sayakanas Labeled 1-20. Equip 1. Slap only 5000 Murai on yourself. No Crafting Items. Beyond Level 10. Head into a Mine Raid or Spatial Core. 

Go in there. The moment you're about to die, just log off. Wait about 2-10 minutes based on your tankiness and the enemies at hand. 

Come back, watch as every single thing is there and you can even retry the spatial core/mine raid as if you didn't even fail or do it at all.

Fucking wild.

To shorten this. 

There's no grace period for disconnects currently active, this applies in PvP too, and is exploitable in PvE.
Atleast the bugs even eachother out. imagine losing items for dcing
Gonna confirm this to be honest since its been a thing for quiet a while, I don't know since what version but its been like this since before v.2.31b, it's very Inconvenient even if it does Even things out.
[Image: Empress_of_Light.gif]
The grace period should be working again. I also tested defeat penalties while disconnected and they seem to be working fine.